Sign in to follow this  
Novej757

Out of The Ashes: The New Black Phoenix Phenom 100E GTN-750 Mod

On 6/18/2020 at 2:51 AM, budlee4 said:

Jevon,

I finally got FSX to recognize the Black phoenix-phenom and it is now working.  I still don't know

what was wrong to start with but I kept opening the files one at a time until the GTN configuration tool

added it to its list of aircraft.  Once it did that I was able the fly the aircraft from Haward to Bakersfield

with waypoints and make a good landing.

It's a nice aircraft -- you did a great job and I like it very much.  Keep up the good work.

budlee4

Sorry Budlee I'm just now seeing this.  I'm glad you were able to get it sorted out. I'm glad you like how she flies.  She's def my go to business jet even over my own CJ2+ mod 😏

Jevon 

Hi Jevon

Hope your studies are going well (or have gone well!).

Managed to finally find the time to try the Black Phoenix. Pretty sweet. Well done 🙂

Just a couple of things that I wonder if you or anyone else reading this could assist with.

1. The font size in the PFD - characters appear slightly too large (noticeably, NAV and COM frequencies, and HDG and CRS), so either overlap or are truncated by other elements.

2. FLC mode seems a bit aggressive (immediately pulls up several degrees), and never settles on the speed commended but rather 20-30 knots short. E.g. If I select a climb speed of say 200KIAS, and transition to this from a VS mode of 2000FPM, when selecting FLC the aircraft will pitch up, hitting 4000FPS maybe, slow to somewhere under 160, pitch down to try and meet the 200KIAS target, but never reaches it and settles somewhere between 170-180KIAS.

Cheers.

On 7/19/2020 at 7:36 AM, znatusch said:

Hi Jevon

Hope your studies are going well (or have gone well!).

Managed to finally find the time to try the Black Phoenix. Pretty sweet. Well done 🙂

Just a couple of things that I wonder if you or anyone else reading this could assist with.

1. The font size in the PFD - characters appear slightly too large (noticeably, NAV and COM frequencies, and HDG and CRS), so either overlap or are truncated by other elements.

2. FLC mode seems a bit aggressive (immediately pulls up several degrees), and never settles on the speed commended but rather 20-30 knots short. E.g. If I select a climb speed of say 200KIAS, and transition to this from a VS mode of 2000FPM, when selecting FLC the aircraft will pitch up, hitting 4000FPS maybe, slow to somewhere under 160, pitch down to try and meet the 200KIAS target, but never reaches it and settles somewhere between 170-180KIAS.

Cheers.

Sorry both of those are beyond my scope of expertise...

Jevon 

8 hours ago, Novej757 said:

Sorry both of those are beyond my scope of expertise...

No worries, thanks for taking the time to respond.

So I've been flying my Phenom 100 for some time now, and I've only just come across this, and what I've read has really impressed me. My next question is, where do I find this download? as I'm interested in getting my hands on it.

Regards

Chris.

Afternoon Jevon, hope all going well.

So I don't know if I'm missing something here, I followed installation as instructed in the manual (3 times now) and I seem to be missing the ctr screen? Is having Flight1 GTN750 a requirement? (hence my question of "have I missed something?")

Not Jevon, but I've been using the 100E for quite some time...

You need to own either the F1 GTN or the RXP GTN. I have a mod pkg that I prepared for the RXP GTN that has a few extra features if you have that GTN.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

On 4/14/2022 at 1:00 PM, ChrisJ380 said:

Afternoon Jevon, hope all going well.

So I don't know if I'm missing something here, I followed installation as instructed in the manual (3 times now) and I seem to be missing the ctr screen? Is having Flight1 GTN750 a requirement? (hence my question of "have I missed something?")

I'm really sorry I'm just now seeing this.  I rarely ever come on AVSIM anymore.  Yes as BBuckley mentioned you have to own either the F1 GTN or RXP version for this to work.  I'm really sorry I so late getting to this.  If you have any more questions please send me a Personal Message here.

Jevon