Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

TE Netherlands - updated

3 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Gerard, theres a setting in FTX Central that allows you to place orbx scenery at a specific place in scenery.cfg

Hi Kevin, can I devide Orbx scenery over multiple places with that settings. I remember ( not sure ) that all Orbx scenery stays together.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

10 minutes ago, GSalden said:

FTX Central puts all Orbx scenery automatically at the top of the library.

Have you tried using the "FTX entries should be inserted below" option in FTXC settings? I always use one scenery entry that must be above Orbx as an "anchor" and set FTX to insert its entries below it, then I place all other stuff above it. Using this method, other installers normally place their entries above my "anchor" and FTXC keeps its entries below it.

HTH,

Tym

Edited by tymk
Kevin beat me to it ;-)
  • Upvote 1

The only other option is the placement of openLC entries, so you can keep these separate, but other than that, the Orbx entries do stay together.

Help please!! Why has my C:\ drive which had a 110Gb free space last night before I started the TE Netherlands download, all of a sudden gone to red showing less than 20Gb space remaining when I set that Orbx TE Netherlands to install in a 1TB free space backup drive?

If you guys can shed light on this major headache for me, I'd be grateful, otherwise it's time to shed TE Netherlands in the bib if this is what it does!!!

5 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Help please!! Why has my C:\ drive which had a 110Gb free space last night before I started the TE Netherlands download, all of a sudden gone to red showing less than 20Gb space remaining when I set that Orbx TE Netherlands to install in a 1TB free space backup drive? 

If you guys can shed light on this major headache for me, I'd be grateful, otherwise it's time to shed TE Netherlands in the bib if this is what it does!!!

I don't think you can set it to install on another drive, Orbx scenery always goes into your P3D installation folder. I suspect you only moved the temp location (which is where the installer keeps the downloaded files during installation).

They are working on an FTX Central update to enable installing scenery packages on different drives (which is becoming pretty much necessary due to the size of the TE products), but for the time being, you'll probably need to move TE NL manually from the Orbx folder within the P3D folder to the separate drive and use the symbolic link method.

Tym

Edited by tymk

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Pretty easy to do with a symbolic link 😉

André

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Hi Kevin, can I devide Orbx scenery over multiple places with that settings. I remember ( not sure ) that all Orbx scenery stays together.

No you cant divide it up into multiple parts in scenery.cfg using FTX central.  I place mine above bathemetry with FTXC then use LorbySI addon manager to make further changes :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, awf said:

Pretty easy to do with a symbolic link 😉

Yes symbolic links will work.  You can either use a single link to the Orbx folder location to put all the Orbx scenery on a different drive, but you could easily use further symbolic links to cause different folders within that to be installed in completely separate drives as well.  It can be as complicated or as simple as you want to make it.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Kevin, the enlightener, thanks for those words of encouragement.

Next question, please talk me through this 'symbolic link'. Where do i either download it or if not required, how do I implement it? Do i have to Orbx's Forums to get a files, etc, etc? Thanks if you can 'enlighten' me further.

20 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Kevin, the enlightener, thanks for those words of encouragement.

Next question, please talk me through this 'symbolic link'. Where do i either download it or if not required, how do I implement it? Do i have to Orbx's Forums to get a files, etc, etc? Thanks if you can 'enlighten' me further.

Its remarkably easy, as I recall, although I dont remember how I did it now 😛 Google will be your friend here (I'm on my phone so cant look a great deal up)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maketecheasier.com/create-symbolic-links-windows10/%3famp

If you are a member of Orbx forums there is a tutorial there showing how to set up a symbolic link.

Edited by kevinfirth
Link added

xaP1VAU.png

I would wait a while, as a NEW version of FTXCentral is on it´s way very soon  and the new Central will allow you to place ORBX-products where you like, so no need for symbolic links that can mess tings up if you don´t know what you are doing. Have a little patience. 😉

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Thanks a bunch, Kevin. Please, do not drain your mobile.

Will mosey over and do the necessary. Thanks to you and @tymk  too +    @awf

Edited by vc10man

29 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

I would wait a while, as a NEW version of FTXCentral is on it´s way very soon  and the new Central will allow you to place ORBX-products where you like, so no need for symbolic links that can mess tings up if you don´t know what you are doing. Have a little patience. 😉

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Thank you also for that Jack in Spain. Hope it's not too wintry there at the moment. Love Orbx's Arlanda Stockholm airport.

Edited by vc10man

10 minutes ago, awf said:

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

With this software tool it's as easy as creating a folder map within explorer -;)

Thank you, again, for that. At this rate I am rapidly running out of IOUs to thank so many helpful guys here.👍

Much appreciated. I'll have to study that carefully to see how it's done.

• Like 2