Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

just discovered,purchased, very well done..One question

Hello all,

I must have been living under a rock as I just discovered this program, I was browsing the web in order to start researching the purchase of an fmc for the 737 and clicked on a link that directed me to this product. I figured what the heck, for 10 euro i might as well give it a try, I don't have an iPad but I do have an iPhone and figured for the small investment it wold be worth a try to see if it works as described, sure enough it works fantastic on my iphone, I dont intend on using my iPhone but rather will find a cheap iPad somewhere as an fmc module.

My question is, will this product work on any iPad (Ipad 1) as I will be looking for the cheapest iPad i can find as i don't really have any other use for an iPad. figured if I could find an iPad 1 for 100$ or so this would be an excellent alternative to purchasing a much more expensive FMC module.

Thanks.

BTW..Fantastic work on this..I will be getting the 747 license once i get myself an iPad.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the kind words! Happy to hear you are enjoying it!

I can't say for sure it will work with an iPad 1. I myself have been testing with an iPad 2 and that works well.

Maybe someone else can confirm / deny if an iPad 1 will work.

Anyhow, my guess is that you can probably find an old used iPad 2 for $100 (maybe even newer?).

Regards

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

4 minutes ago, marcom said:

Hi,

first of all, thanks for the kind words! Happy to hear you are enjoying it!

I can't say for sure it will work with an iPad 1. I myself have been testing with an iPad 2 and that works well.

Maybe someone else can confirm / deny if an iPad 1 will work.

Anyhow, my guess is that you can probably find an old used iPad 2 for $100 (maybe even newer?).

Regards

Thanks for the quick reply, I agree, seems like iPad 2's are going for 100-200 in my area so may just go with an iPad 2.

Best regards

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

or an android ...... it's about the browser.

for now, cheers

john martin

On 3/2/2019 at 3:15 AM, vadriver said:

or an android ...... it's about the browser.

Yes good point. I purchased a used Galaxy Tab S2 last year for around 150€. Very good performance.

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

9 hours ago, marcom said:

or an android

I'm fortunate my daughter "flicks" her old Samsung tablets my way :rolleyes: ... hand me ups.

for now, cheers

john martin