Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Fuel Tank Indication

Hi:

I was set for a flight today and noticed that when I change the fuel via the Falcon load manger, the fuel indicators remain the same/unchanged  However, the weight of the airplane changes and when I check the fuel loaded via the P3D default load manager, there too reflects the correct load/data.  Sorry, can't figure out for the life of me how to load pictures on this site.

Any help.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Never mind.  Figured out.  Follow-up question though.  When the switch between fuel gauges 2 & 3 is up/down, which fuel quantity is being displayed?  Wing or feeder.

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

2 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Never mind.  Figured out.  Follow-up question though.  When the switch between fuel gauges 2 & 3 is up/down, which fuel quantity is being displayed?  Wing or feeder.

Thanks.

When the switch is up, the fuel gauges read the left, center and right wing tank fuel quantities. When the switch is down, the gauges read the feeder tank fuel quantities. The very short yellow arcs on the gauges indicate where the respective feeder tanks are full. Note the center feeder tank can hold more fuel then the left and right feeder tank, but the center wing tank holds less than the side wing tanks. However, each wing - feeder tank combination holds about the same total fuel (actually, the center wing - feeder combination holds about 57 lbs more).  See the fuel tank chart at http://www.airplanedriver.net/study/Da-50.htm

Al

Edited by ark