Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[02MAR19] Humpty Was Pushed: PMDG Has Left the Building

Captains,

In my post last week, I mentioned that we were planning to maintain this forum on AVSim for some time, in an effort to ease the transition from AVSim, a site we have supported and driven traffic toward for twenty years.

All of the PMDG moderators have been dumped from moderator status, thus making it impossible for us to do as we promised.  For this, I apologize.

We invite you to visit with us at our new home:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I would ask that those who frequent here please help us to point others in that direction- as I will likely not ask the PMDG team to frequent this location so as to not upset the AVSim moderators.

I would have preferred that this transition happen in a more familial fashion- but sometimes in life we don't get the choice.

I offer my own final farewell to the site begun by my friend Tom.  He was a tremendous friend and I still miss him.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 3

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Not sure i got it right. The issue for the early leave is that you cannot moderate it anymore? I am sure PMDG team can still frequent this forum, follow the rules and not upset Avsim moderators 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

No happy ending

Edited by zmak
  • Like 1

ZORAN

What?

Being guest for 20 years, leaving the house on own wish, and now complaining that he has to leave the keys and can't make is own rules in this house anymore?

If I were the owners of this house I would say: go with God's blessing (but go!)

Sorry if I've missunderstood something.

Peter

Edited by Opterix
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Opterix said:

What?

Being guest for 20 years, leaving the house on own wish, and now complaining that he has to leave the keys and can't make is own rules in this house anymore?

If I were the owners of this house I would say: go with god's sake (but go!)

Sorry if I've missunderstood something.

Peter

You do 🙂 PMDG has been responsible for most traffic on avsim, people came here mostly because of the PMDG forum. Without PMDG the usage of this forum will very likely drop significantly and hence the „income“. 

When PMDG statet about a year ago or more that they will leave avsim their forum has been unaccessible immediately. It seems the whole site is managed very immaturely and this is another childish action by the avsim staff.

to me this means pretty much goodbye to avsim. Maybe some checking at the FS2CREW forum now and then but no participation anymore. Wrong people at the wrong positions make wrong decisions and that‘s what you get. So what...

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

You do 🙂 

O.K., sorry for that . . . 😉

10 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Without PMDG the usage of this forum will very likely drop significantly and hence the „income“.

Since PMDG moderators have deleted each posting without real first and last name I would say that _they_ (PMDG) have dropped traffic on this forum significantly. Sounds more logical, agree?

Edited by Opterix
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Opterix said:

Sounds more logical, agree?

No, it sounds more like petulant behaviour by Avsim staff to be honest. Quite petty really.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

and I always thought they paid their way (hence I never donated to avsim. only used it to access support for pmdg / va / mce / vox etc, all paywares).... now I hear their freebies with autocracy all this time !

I have no need to correct my real name :wink:

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

14 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

You do 🙂 PMDG has been responsible for most traffic on avsim, people came here mostly because of the PMDG forum. Without PMDG the usage of this forum will very likely drop significantly and hence the „income“. 

Believe it or not, there are actually people who don't use PMDG products, there are other simulators, other developers etc. Somehow, I think Avsim will survive

• Like 12
  • Upvote 5

@DavidP Sorry, I'm in best conditions, I feel fine and I've been very happy until a few moments ago.

And I will be very happy in a few moments again. I don't want to discuss in this Roses War, I only wanted to give a sign of my great amazement (and a little amusement).

Edited by Opterix
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Believe it or not, there are actually people who don't use PMDG products, there are other simulators, other developers etc. Somehow, I think Avsim will survive

No doubt. Nothing that needs to be believed. Just a single look at were the posts have been. I certainly don‘t have a problem with that. 

• Like 2

but please tell me pmdg  (again) never paid their way on this forum ....

for now, cheers

john martin

Well, there are so so many simulator sections in these AVSIM forums that I really wonder why people think that just because PMDG left that's going to empty the reserves...

I visit AVSIM mostly for X-Plane and other Flightsims Forums... and it has been like that for years !  I believe many other do exactly the same ?

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...