Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Ready to go P3D when is next version ?

Been waiting for an excuse to switch to P3D from fsx-se and Accidentally deleting all of my scenery drive during a back up reinstall the time has come.

Should I jump into 4.4 or is an update  around the corner? Also how do you update to the next version? 

ZORAN

it is rumoured 4.5 is in beta, but the upgrade is so easy and painless to do that theres no merit in waiting for 4.5

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, simbol said:

Assuming the rumours are true, minor revision updates are free, so no benefit on waiting.

Regards 

Simbol 

Thats why I was careful to say rumoured and not make a blind statement of 'fact'!

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Just out of curiosity.....would I be able to update the client from 4.3 to 4.5?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ok sounds good .  I seem to recall a bit of work involved reading the update threads but that was long ago so it must be streamlined now

ZORAN

43 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Just out of curiosity.....would I be able to update the client from 4.3 to 4.5?

Yes, You can update to the latest version - which ever it is- without during interim updates.

Simbol 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

it is rumoured 4.5 is in beta, but the upgrade is so easy and painless to do that theres no merit in waiting for 4.5

Totally agree, and if past history is any indication, I believe I read around here somewhere that the recent P3D updates have been coming at about a year apart, so if that's the case, v4.5 won't be on the immediate horizon for a while yet...

To OP.... Get v4.4 now, and it will give you time to familiarize yourself with the new platform, and benefit from the vast experience of the community, before v4.5 becomes a reality...

• Like 1

Agree 100%

Get into P3D V4 right away

Updates are so incredibly easy, Maybe just research the updates before going ahead to see if the new version is even worth it for you (I’m sure it would be though 😉) P3D V4 is a really big step from FSX, I think you’ll enjoy.

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just jumping in here for a second as I didn't see it mentioned directly, so in case you were not aware....

Moving from FSX:SE (great software) to P3Dv4 (even better software) you will (of course) benefit from many things, but one of the best is the Installation, Uninstall, and Update method that Lockheed uses with P3D.

There are essentially three component programs for P3D, the Client, Content, and Scenery (default scenery).  During your initial installation you should download the main (full) installer and run it, and that takes care of installing the three (3) main components of P3D. But when an update comes around (like version 4.5, which if my guess is accurate I think we'll see it within the next 3 to 4 months), you should download the three components (instead of the main installer), open your Control Panel/Program and Features and then uninstall one of the components and then install the new component.  Usually the only component you have to install is the Client (though many including me will always update all three components).

This not only makes things quick and easy, but all (or most) of your addons will remain - so no more uninstall and reinstall of the entire sim and associated addons like we had to do with FSX.

I sincerely hope this is helpful to you my friend.  Welcome to the Dark SIde of our community!  LOL!!!

My very best wishes to you for Happy Flights!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.