Sign in to follow this  
pegruder

XP and GoFlight Gear

So I'm wondering if you fine folks have experience with getting XP and GoFlight gear playing nice together.  I have GFIT for XP and have gotten a few things working, but Im having a much harder time than I have for P3D.  For instance, in P3D I have full PMDG support for everything I have, and some minor FSL A320 support via LINDA.  On XP, I tried getting the MCP and switches ect working with Zibo and failed, same with the FF A320.  I figured with the Zibo 737 it shouldn't have been too difficult at least but I can't get the MCP to work.  Are there guides or anything out there that could help?  Are they even compatible and Im just wasting time?

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Goflight modules are not really useful in XP. Even if you use the GFIT software, the USB support is unstable. Goflight and Pollypot have not spent the effort to update the drivers and software or firmware to make these useful in XP. Some modules are especially problematic. I worked with the very helpful and responsive admin support on the Pollypot software forum and he was, finally, candid about the instabilities. Goflight modules are really only useful and stable for FS and P3D users. I have a number of goflight modules that I have removed from my sim and am preparing to sell them very cheaply to FS and P3D users. I have replaced them with modules from Flight Solutions and Cockpit PhD and RealSim Gear and all work very well with XP.

That statement is very misleading. If your hardware works fine on the same PC with P3D, it will work fine in X-Plane with GIT.

The problem is within the GoFlight hardware itself (GF166 and GF46 modules only) so its nothing to do with GIT and Pollypot Software obviously cannot fix GoFlight hardware problems.

These modules are problematic on modern PC hardware regardless of the flight sim in use. I suspect its a firmware issue and USB3 power problems.

However, many people have got these problematic units to work successfully when they have taken the advise from Pollypot and GoFlight, but on some systems they just won't work reliably. Getting the right USB hub and configuring Windows power management properly is the key.

Now John Grieg is back he is helping customers to get this hardware stable and is in discussion with the new owners to plan a firmware upgrade.

pegruder - there is a thread on the Pollypot forum by the chap who created and maintains the Zibo profile. Please get in touch on that thread or start a new discussion.

Best wishes

Steve

Stephen Munn

On 5/1/2019 at 5:54 PM, Steve1969 said:

That statement is very misleading. If your hardware works fine on the same PC with P3D, it will work fine in X-Plane with GIT.

The problem is within the GoFlight hardware itself (GF166 and GF46 modules only) so its nothing to do with GIT and Pollypot Software obviously cannot fix GoFlight hardware problems.

These modules are problematic on modern PC hardware regardless of the flight sim in use. I suspect its a firmware issue and USB3 power problems.

However, many people have got these problematic units to work successfully when they have taken the advise from Pollypot and GoFlight, but on some systems they just won't work reliably. Getting the right USB hub and configuring Windows power management properly is the key.

Now John Grieg is back he is helping customers to get this hardware stable and is in discussion with the new owners to plan a firmware upgrade.

pegruder - there is a thread on the Pollypot forum by the chap who created and maintains the Zibo profile. Please get in touch on that thread or start a new discussion.

Best wishes

Steve

That's pretty much where I went.  I even started getting more confortable with GIT and creating my own off the datarefs, ect.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals