Sign in to follow this  
kityatyi

Autogen missing, can't seem to be able to fix

Hi all,

P3D V4.4 user here, desperately seeking help.

I've been struggling with this for 24-48 hours now. Can't tell when exactly this happened, but yesterday I was about to to a flight and noticed how sparse my world is. Looking around I realized it isn't like what it should be, loads of trees and buildings, perhaps other autogen objects too, are missing

What I installed before I noticed the problem:
-FSDT KMEM
-FSDT KIAH
-FSDT Standalone Addon Manager
-FlyTampa KBOS
-FSimStudios MMUN

That is pretty much everything that I installed during the past 24 hours or so prior to first noticing the issue.

What I've tried so far:
-reinstalling both P3D Client as well as Content
-reinstalling ORBX OpenLC EU (later I realized the issue isn't at all limited to Europe...)
-reinstalling Arno's Autogen Configuration Merger (required by some JustSim sceneries)
-uninstalling all Justsim sceneries (initially I though it has to to with the ACM or some JS products)
-uninstalling the ACM
-uninstalling all sceneries that I installed in the past 24-48 hours
-reinstalling SODE

And still the issues exists, loads of autogen are missing. 

What do you guys think, what can be the cause and the solution?

Elfcbmx.jpg

Edited by kityatyi

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Just to rule out the obvious.....none of those have reset the Autogen Density settings to OFF?

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Just to rule out the obvious.....none of those have reset the Autogen Density settings to OFF?

I can confirm the Autogen Density slider is as it should be.

OdwDPc7.jpg

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

It sounds like your autogen files may be messed up... either default.xml (for buildings), or AutogenDescriptions.spb file (for vegetation), found in your FS's main Autogen folder.

If you had ACM installed before the "snafu" you may be able to recover a backup from:

'C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger\'

In that folder you will see a backup.  That may get you back to square one.

FSDT does not modify the autogen files so it may be FlyTampa or FSimStudios .  I would contact them and see if they add custom agn files via ACM.

Good luck.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I think I sorted it... Reinstalled ORBX FTX Global, did the trick! Autogen is back! But I am sure it's the ACM that messed it up. 🙂

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

59 minutes ago, Dazkent said:

Running unlimited frames?

Yes indeed.

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Was too early to say it's sorted. I believed it was sorted but it wasn't. After reinstalling FTX Global I definitely saw trees in places where there were no trees on the above screenshot and I thought, yeah, fixed. I then set up a flight at KPDX and immediately saw I have loads of buildings but no trees... So no, the issue still does exist... I'll try those backups, but I don't know how would they help: I even deleted the whole AUTOGEN folder, and when reinstalled CONTENT the folder was re-built from scratch so it surely does not contain the "corrupt" files.

d2UsfGz.jpg

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

Did you ever get this sorted? Wondering what you ended up finding. I've run into the same issue twice now. I'm pretty sure it's because of ACM and/or certain 3rd party scenery autogen files. Reverting to a fresh autogen folder doesnt seem to cure the problem.

-Bob

SimPC: i7 8086k @5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 Pro - P3D v5.1

13 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

I have the same problem now but i m not able to say when they started 

You should be able to recover your autogen if you disable all add-on scenery. After that, it's probably a good idea to open up Orbx Central so it can make sure its autogen definitions are intact. Then the issue becomes a process of going through, one by one, and figuring out which scenery is creating the problem and why.

My more recent issue was noticed after updating some FlyTampa sceneries, but I don't know if they're the cause. The last time this happened it seemed to be either the JustSim autogen libraries or the ones from TropicalSim, but I can't be sure. I don't know if Autogen Configuration Merger is even installed correctly, to be honest.

-Bob

SimPC: i7 8086k @5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 Pro - P3D v5.1

You have to uninstall Arno’s tool.

Then add you scenery that has their own Autogen folder the xml way.

Orbx has a modified Autogen folder too and overwrites the files in the default Autogen folder.

On my system I let Orbx use the default Autogen folder, so their buildings abd trees appear.

Each other scenery that has an Autogen folder next to the scenery and texture folder I have added the xml way.

P3Dv4.4 and up are capable of using multiple Autogen definition folders .

Here I have Orbx, FranceVFR and some other scenery that have their own Autogen folder working in harmony.

Here a tutorial on how to do it:

https://windowlight.co.nz/godzoneWP/tutorial-replacing-autogen-config-merger-tool-in-prepar3d-4-4/

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

That looks like an interesting read, Gerard.  Thanks for posting link.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

If Orbx scenery has been installed or when FTX Central has been executed it overwrites the definition files in the main Autogen folder.

So FranceVFR looses buildings and or trees. 

When FranceVFR scenery has been installed Orbx looses its Autogen .Therefore Armo’s Tool existed.

By uninstalling / not using Armo’s Autogen Merger and putting the scenery’s Autogen path in the scenery’s xml file all scenery will use their specific definition files ( buildings /trees )

regards, Gerard

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Thanks for the insights, Gerard. I do remember reading a thread at FSDeveloper that Arno's tool is no longer necessary, but never saw any info really expanding on that.

I disabled ACM and followed the guide from Godzone, but as soon as I activate anything that adds autogen I'm back to having problems. For example, enabling the JustSim autogen library just wipes the sim of most vegetation and a lot of buildings. Turning that library off brings it all back. Same story with FlyTampa, GodZone's VLC library, TropicalSim, 29Palms, etc. It just doesn't work for me unless I disable the autogen component or hide the default.xml file from the scenery's autogen folder.

-Bob