Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

DD Liverpool - Very Dark Shadow Textures

Hello all

Just installed DD's Liverpool and have noticed that many (perhaps all) of the textures that are potentially in shadow are very dark, almost black - see below with all cars showing 'black' textures:

Liverpool1_zpszc1akx66.jpg

However, the textures aren't black as they will show colour depending upon the viewpoint.

Just wondering if this is related to the fact that the airport is using PBR materials - if so, any advice on what can be done to improve the situation ?

Regards

Edited by garydpoole

I have the same developer's airport having just bought it this week. This did not show up. It was perfect for me.

1 hour ago, garydpoole said:

Hello all

Just installed DD's Liverpool and have noticed that many (perhaps all) of the textures that are potentially in shadow are very dark, almost black - see below with all cars showing 'black' textures:

Liverpool1_zpszc1akx66.jpg

However, the textures aren't black as they will show colour depending upon the viewpoint.

Just wondering if this is related to the fact that the airport is using PBR materials - if so, any advice on what can be done to improve the situation ?

Regards

Hi Gary,I can confirm same with my scenery.Hanger wall to the right of Stand 2

is totally black along with aircraft steps etc. The textures do show sometimes however,

but it is all or nothing. (Textured or Black no in between)

Regards,

Paul.

Looks like you have a shader problem. 

With PTA

eggp.jpg

Might be your tomato preset? If that's what you two are using? What are you both using?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Mine is the same as yours, David, no black shadows,etc, etc. But then I do not use either PTA or Tomatoshade.

19 hours ago, PaulG said:

Hanger wall to the right of Stand 2 is totally black along with aircraft steps etc. The textures do show sometimes however, but it is all or nothing. (Textured or Black no in between)

Exactly as I'm seeing, but only at certain times of the day.

18 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Looks like you have a shader problem. 

With PTA

eggp.jpg

Might be your tomato preset? If that's what you two are using? What are you both using?

I'm using PTA fully updated to V2.63.

I'm no expert on shaders / PTA so any advice on what setting(s) would be responsible for what I'm seeing would be much appreciated !

However, I have also tried disabling all PTA tweaks and restoring the default shaders (through PTA), but to no avail.

Btw, I should add that I'm using P3D4.4.

Regards

Edited by garydpoole

The buildings and aprons have all appeared now since upgrading to P3D v4.4, but the GA apron buildings and static aircraft do not have textures. They are jet black :huh: I do not use any external shader software, and I have already deleted the files in the Shaders folder after updating the client.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The buildings and aprons have all appeared now since upgrading to P3D v4.4, but the GA apron buildings and static aircraft do not have textures. They are jet black :huh: I do not use any external shader software, and I have already deleted the files in the Shaders folder after updating the client.

Are you sure that they're actually black ? Although all of my problematic textures 'appear' black, if I change the time of day so that the sun is in a different position, then some of them show correctly - a good example is the side of the terminal by stand 53, which is totally black at around 4pm, but is perfect at around 7am. 

However, try as I might, I cannot get the cars to show full colours at any time of the day, or season ?

Has the developer mentioned anything about this problem? It seems that it is more than just an isolated issue on one person's PC, so we need a solution.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

21 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Have you also upgraded P3D content to 4.4 version? 
This airport is loaded with PBR features, so upgrading client only is sometimes not enough.

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

4 hours ago, SAS443 said:

Have you also upgraded P3D content to 4.4 version? 
This airport is loaded with PBR features, so upgrading client only is sometimes not enough.

I wanted to know the answer to that question before purchasing Liverpool and found confirmation that it's only necessary to update the client in order to utilise PBR via this LM reply.

Regards

LOL.......I noticed this post just after updating the Content!! I guess I will be able to confirm or deny the theory :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I also had this issue after only updating the Client.

Updated the Content and everything was OK.

Yes, you need to update the Content to solve this problem.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png