Sign in to follow this  
bhorv67

Doors open? Some inconsistent behavior

Just installed the Maddog reboot and trying a few initial flights. So far so good, but noticing some odd things happening.

Maybe I didn't catch it, but the forward stairway door opened just before takeoff. This is typically not a door I usually open as I'm always at a gate with a jetbridge. I have 'jetway, doors, gate dep, gate arr ugcx' all selected off. I always make sure to check the doors before pushback, but something from FS2crew caused the front stairway door to open. On a flight yesterday, the cargo doors opened in the same way. 

I'm also noticing the FO is not always able to manipulate the controls when performing tasks. this appears to be random as with several flights now with Fs2crew, I'm seeing the FO is sometimes able to power on the hydraulics, retract flaps and slats, but not always. 

Appreciate any help, thanks

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

Hi Brian,

For the controls, double check the manual to ensure you're consistently hitting the "triggers".

Stair way door before takeoff:  Not sure about that.  Maybe you have a shared key assignment with the doors?  That would be my guess.  Did you run the pre-flight events?

So after some more testing, I can say that the stairway issue is related to the 30 min countdown reaching 0. As soon as it does, the front stairs are deployed. On my last flight I used the FF function to escalate the countdown and noticed right when the timer reached 0, is when the stairs came out. Because I was still on the ground, I could open the door panel and close the stairs. 

Also trying to figure why the FO isn't able to retract flaps after takeoff when I'm giving the call to do it. He also doesn't turn on hydraulics.

I'm also getting a random audio 'yes captain, what can I get you'. Haven't figured what's causing that, but it happens throughout the flight.

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

Hi Brian,

1. It could be that the doors our of sequence.  When you start the Maddog, are all the doors and exits closed? Ensure they are.

2. Flap retraction.  Are you using any hardware that could over-ride the flap signal sent by FS2Crew.  In 99 percent of all cases, external hardware is the issue.

Hydraulics:  Are you running the After Engine Start Checklist to the letter?

Are you using button or voice control?  Which version are you using?

3. You've called the Flight Attendant by pressing the FA call button on the overhead.

8 hours ago, byork said:

Hi Brian,

1. It could be that the doors our of sequence.  When you start the Maddog, are all the doors and exits closed? Ensure they are.

2. Flap retraction.  Are you using any hardware that could over-ride the flap signal sent by FS2Crew.  In 99 percent of all cases, external hardware is the issue.

Hydraulics:  Are you running the After Engine Start Checklist to the letter?

Are you using button or voice control?  Which version are you using?

3. You've called the Flight Attendant by pressing the FA call button on the overhead.

Thanks. To answer your notes:

1. Doors are for sure all closed when the maddog is powered up prior to starting FS2crew. I never use the stairway in my ops as I'm always at a jetbridge

2. no hardware to retract flaps. As the command is in stand by in FS2crew, I then trigger retract flaps, nothing happens. He does however deploy flaps on approach. strange.

3. I'll check my procedures to make I'm following the after engine start checklist

I'm using button control, latest version available - just purchased and installed over the last 2 weeks

I get that the FA call button does that, I'm saying it's happening without me pressing the FA call button.

Brian Horvath

52 minutes ago, bhorv67 said:

Thanks. To answer your notes:

1. Doors are for sure all closed when the maddog is powered up prior to starting FS2crew. I never use the stairway in my ops as I'm always at a jetbridge

2. no hardware to retract flaps. As the command is in stand by in FS2crew, I then trigger retract flaps, nothing happens. He does however deploy flaps on approach. strange.

3. I'll check my procedures to make I'm following the after engine start checklist

I'm using button control, latest version available - just purchased and installed over the last 2 weeks

I get that the FA call button does that, I'm saying it's happening without me pressing the FA call button.

Send me a Support Ticket via the contact page at: www.fs2crew.com

I'll send you the latest version (not yet released).  It should fix the hydraulics in the button control version (associated with the After Engine Start checklist).

Doors I'm not sure about.  Maddog releases updates every week and something may have changed.