Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

What is best add-on airport?

If you had to vote on one (must have) add-on airport in the USA, which would you choose on the basis of detail?  I want to make a video to show my pilot friend and I want to "wow" him on the level of detail out there.   

Paul Gugliotta

Best...?? WOW, that is a tough one for sure....😱

I guess for me personally it would be one of the Flightbeam offerings, probably KIAD or KPHX, but i'm probably biased because I have a real world connection to both airports...

Should be interesting to hear the responses to this one, it's going to be really difficult IMHO to choose a single "best" USA airport, there are so many great ones, it's an almost impossible choice.... 😉

Where does your friend live? Perhaps the nearest or nearby airport that he/she is familiar with would be good (if there is a good rendition that is).

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Hard to choose, so many great ones. I'll go with Flightbeam KMSP.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I’ll say it Flightbeam is the best. If anyone disagrees I challenge you to a duel to the death.  Western approach or departure from KDEN is nice.

Matt Wilson

Some of the ORBX airports are nice as well especially if u have the associated region to go with it.  

Matt Wilson

I used  to live in NYC so to me JFK was and still is a fantastic airport both from ease of takeoffs and approaches - and, of course,  the high volume of traffic.  Plus the amazing architecture of the terminals...  

He is a 767 pilot so I am looking for a major airport in the US to do video

Paul Gugliotta

As your firends is liners/big airport oriented Flightbeam KSFO HD. Period. Second choice for the surrounding is Orbx Palm Springs. And a smile because it’s really personnal taste🙂

Edited by vbazillio
  • Upvote 1

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

13 hours ago, paulyg123 said:

on the basis of detail?

no one has mentioned T2G Seattle or FB's KPDX ... both are complete with "flying" detail (not only autodock for AI & user, but "conditional" daytime low visibility airfield (runway / approach) lighting.

name me another & i'll buy it.

for now, cheers

john martin

I can't choose just one as there are a handful of fantastic US sceneries available and it depends on personal taste.

That said, my faves are Flightbeam's KMSP and KSFO, plus FlyTampa's KBOS (with Aerosoft's US Cities-Boston in the background). They're truly excellent and all have an incredible amount of extra detail to show off.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

KPDX and KGPI is  on the top of my  list, where in  Europe ESSA, EDDN and LOWI giving the most realistic feeling.