Sign in to follow this  
paulyg123

What is best add-on airport?

As someone who lives nearby and has been there often I can vouch for Aerosoft's EDDK being a real good offering.

Edited by Farlis

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

As someone who lives nearby and has been there often I can vouch for Aerosoft's EDDK being a real good offering.

That indeed is the best en most realistic airport (yet) made by Jo Erlend Sund and sold by AS 🤓

But make up your own opinion :

My favorite however is FT Amsterdam...😎

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 hours ago, Airline2Sim said:

I think SFO for me, althogh I’ve never been there for real. 

I grew up around SFO. .Mir has captured the airport down to the mood. Yeah, it's a moody airport.  Heck, I think Mir lives nearby SFO  ...I get the sense he as personal connection to the strip.

Unsolicted ...but,  I was at the opening of the AA hangar as a young boy ....inside was a brand new AA 747 .....yeah, we got the tour. Fond memories.

Edit: to the OP.

If doing KSFO make sure you're closer to 100' than 50' when crossing the rocks at the foot of the 28's. 🙂

Edited by FunknNasty

29 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

Edit: to the OP.

If doing KSFO make sure you're closer to 100' than 50' when crossing the rocks at the foot of the 28's. 🙂

Good advice. I expect the winds can get unpredictable and pretty squirrelly on those approaches, especially if you are running a real world weather engine like AS4 etc...

Wasn't it 28L where the Asiana 777 crashed just short of the runway threshold a few years back..??

51 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Good advice. I expect the winds can get unpredictable and pretty squirrelly on those approaches, especially if you are running a real world weather engine like AS4 etc...

Wasn't it 28L where the Asiana 777 crashed just short of the runway threshold a few years back..??

Yeah it was ..28 right was closed.

True: My wife, daughter and I were scheduled to check in at the Marriott, across the logon from the 28's,  just  hours before that happened ....It was our (my :-)) bi annual plane spotting date to the Marriott. Wife and daughter didn't care about plane spotting but entertained me as long as the weekend included Union Square in SF

Edit: to be clear ...I wasn't referencing the Asiana incident but rather the crash bug that can happen on approaches over water with P3D.

Edited by FunknNasty
  • Upvote 1

I believe i have every quality payware scenery for airports with runways at least 7000ft long, and I'd say FlyTampa Boston.

Don't forget the terrific freeware airports like SunSkyJet's Philadelphia (KPHL).

Best wishes to you and your friend!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Personally I’d pick FlyTampa Boston anytime. That scenery is not just detailed in the ground, the approach is amazing. I have no idea how to hey did it, but the runways appear utterly photorealistic to me. They are slightly hazy and sun bleached, exactly what I see on photographs and videos of approaches into KBOS. Not to mention the stunning quality when taxing around. Love it. Just wish it’d be easier on my computer!

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Flightbeam's KMSP, KSFO, KIAD and KDEN in that order are my favorites. I'd probably put KSFO at the top, except that KMSP is my home airport so I tend to spend more time with it. KDEN is older and doesn't have the SODE jetways, but I think they're coming in a future update. They did a good job of simulating the annoyance at the forever-taxis that happen at that airport.

KPDX is very good also, though it's new and there are still some kinks to be worked out. I'm still trying to get the trees and buildings surrounding the airport out of the river, and you must turn collisions completely off if you use that airport because the taxiway lights all have hit-boxes. I'm sure those will be fixed in the future.

These add-on airports are so good that I get almost annoyed flying into a default airport now.

On 3/3/2019 at 8:31 AM, SunDevil56 said:

KPHX  can have some serious attitude during the summer months, no?  🙂  Place is brutal!

1 minute ago, FunknNasty said:

KPHX  can have some serious attitude during the summer months, no?  🙂  Place is brutal!

Well, the Hades level heat for sure, but i've flown in to and out of KPHX many dozens of times in the 3 hottest months (June, July, August) and I honestly don't ever recall getting a bumpy ride. OTOH, i've never landed there in the middle of a late summer Monsoon (yes, they do call them Monsoon's believe it or not.)

FWIW, the Phoenix area, and most of southern Arizona for that matter, has near perfect flying weather almost the entire year.

14 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Well, the Hades level heat for sure, but i've flown in to and out of KPHX many dozens of times in the 3 hottest months (June, July, August) and I honestly don't ever recall getting a bumpy ride. OTOH, i've never landed there in the middle of a late summer Monsoon (yes, they do call them Monsoon's believe it or not.)

FWIW, the Phoenix area, and most of southern Arizona for that matter, has near perfect flying weather almost the entire year.

I'm talking about getting a 747 out of there with the engines intact ... 🙂

19 minutes ago, FunknNasty said:

I'm talking about getting a 747 out of there with the engines intact ... 🙂

Yep, the whole density altitude thing...

They've actually had to cease flight operations there a time or two because of that, one time the temp hit 122 degrees, and all takeoffs were terminated for several hours...

I actually think ORBX KSAN would fit your needs nicely. Downtown San Diego is nicely modeled, and right next to the Airport.  The airport itself is also very well done.

But, you can’t really go wrong with any of the FB airports already mentioned.