Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Lots of beta planes released for Aerofly FS2

So here's the story.

A very generous and talented long time Aerofly content creator (all the way from the FS1 days) named krzysk is in the process of converting an extensive library of aircraft to FS2.

Be aware, these planes are in various stages of completion, from rough alpha to beta, and he has hosted them to github for users to try while he continues to work on them. Updates can be as often as every few hours, so be sure to check back often for the latest version!

Downloading is simple: Download, unzip, and place the unzipped folder into the appropriate Aerofly aircraft folder. Be aware that the unzipped folder will have the Suffix -Master, which will need to be removed before the plane will appear correctly within Aerofly's aircraft selection screen.

The currently available planes can be found here: https://github.com/krzysk1?tab=repositories

The original thread regarding this subject, including pictures of some of the planes begins here: https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14016-some-developments/&pageNo=1

Hi,

Lately I sorted out my projects and connected running versions of models to the GitHub platform. This allows me to share developed staff with others for testing. Most of models are still in the private domain as they are still in the early stage of development, but some of them are available in the public domain. You can find it here: https://github.com/krzysk1?tab=repositories

You can look at my repositories and see what is currently in the public domain, but also you can download models and test it! (use Clone or download green button). From time to time I will add new models there. If you create GitHub account, you can also cooperate with me to submit comments and issues, or develop these models yourself.

One note: it is the platform for developers, so the models included there are Unfinished, they can have numerous errors that cause problems. I am dedicating this possibility to those who can deal with installing and testing models at their own risk (that's why I do not give instructions on how to use it  )

Enjoy it
Krzysk

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

DHC-2 Released, Same Github Link, Other planes Updated: https://github.com/krzysk1?tab=repositories

4g0bLq.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

• Like 1

Devons rig

Hmmm, amphibious planes for AFS2 :blink: ?  Did it get 3D water ? 

Anyway, thank's for the posts.

hmm the Grumman J2F has no working VC. I wish they would focus on one plane and finish it.

2 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

hmm the Grumman J2F has no working VC. I wish they would focus on one plane and finish it.

That picture is the template for where they wish to place the panel. You should read the detailed post I linked to on the Aerofly forum.

In the meanwhile, for me, since the gentleman is doing all this work for free, he can do it however he wants, to keep himself from becoming bored... 😄

Devons rig

3 hours ago, Gustav85 said:

Hmmm, amphibious planes for AFS2 :blink: ?  Did it get 3D water ? 

Anyway, thank's for the posts.

There is one experimental 3D water area in the Florida scenery around the grand tortugas. A small area of that is landable.

Devons rig

26 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

There is one experimental 3D water area in the Florida scenery around the grand tortugas. A small area of that is landable.

Well, I've owned Florida and I do know this small area close to the manatees !!! 

I can tell you what:  THIS IS NO 3D WATER ; not even close. 

More: this kind of water (which is just a simple animation of misty haze) doesn't move or change not once.

Just prove it yourself and try to land with an airplane or - even better - the R22, and you'll go through " this water" like going through clouds landing savely on the close surface beneath.

From there, while sitting in the VC of the R22, you can watch two manatees how "they swimm" in front of your VC screen close above your eyepoint.

I mean, watching this display is absolutely and by no doubt just ridiculous - because the manatees behave like HOT AIR BALLOONS; thats the main reason why IPACS has choosen this sort of creatures for this small beach scenery.

It wouldn't work with dolphins for sure, because dolphins don't behave like hot air balloons in the water, something IBACS cannot simulate at current state of their development.

On 3/7/2019 at 3:16 AM, HiFlyer said:

DHC-2 Released, Same Github Link, Other planes Updated: https://github.com/krzysk1?tab=repositories

4g0bLq.jpg

I know it's freeware, but this Beaver is the most nimble one I've ever flown virtual.

Some maneuvers I've successfully mastered in this sort of ..... "flying device" ...without any problems, skills or damages:

• behind one another loop (yes, the DHC-2 seems to be intended for LOOPS :rolleyes:
  • Knife Edge!!!!  O Gosh, this bird loves knife edges all its way.
  • Rolls, barrel rolls, no problem, just do it!
  • Listen to its sound and you can hear the infinite loop clearly; be careful: it can make you sleepy !
  • the VC: Speechless, just terrible!
  • resume:  this is a " Piece of Hoax " made for my PC's recycle bin. 

By by Beaver :nangis: !

• Upvote 2

That´s a little bit harsh for freeware. I´d say it´s a good foundation to build a good plane.

The An-2 seems to be the most decent plane.

I´m thankfull for his work but to me it seems to be hard to have so many planes in the works.

5 hours ago, Gustav85 said:

I know it's freeware, but this Beaver is the most nimble one I've ever flown virtual.

Some maneuvers I've successfully mastered in this sort of ..... "flying device" ...without any problems, skills or damages:

• behind one another loop (yes, the DHC-2 seems to be intended for LOOPS :rolleyes:
  • Knife Edge!!!!  O Gosh, this bird loves knife edges all its way.
  • Rolls, barrel rolls, no problem, just do it!
  • Listen to its sound and you can hear the infinite loop clearly; be careful: it can make you sleepy !
  • the VC: Speechless, just terrible!
  • resume:  this is a " Piece of Hoax " made for my PC's recycle bin. 

By by Beaver :nangis: !

It's not only freeware. It is freeware in either an alpha or beta state, which I wrote very clearly both in bold and in red. If you don't understand the definition of either of those terms, then perhaps it's better for you to wait until the planes are marked complete, or to not download at all.

5 hours ago, Gustav85 said:

Well, I've owned Florida and I do know this small area close to the manatees !!! 

I can tell you what:  THIS IS NO 3D WATER ; not even close. 

More: this kind of water (which is just a simple animation of misty haze) doesn't move or change not once.

Just prove it yourself and try to land with an airplane or - even better - the R22, and you'll go through " this water" like going through clouds landing savely on the close surface beneath.

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14016-some-developments/&postID=74615#post74615

As an aside, I note that you have an account with only two posts ever: both in this thread. Is this really how you wanted to introduce this account to the forum?

• Like 1

Devons rig

A thread that may cause some downloaders to stop and reflect. Maybe.

https://www.aerofly.com/community/forum/index.php?thread/14251-so-many-airplanes-so-little-time-krzysk-s-freeware/

Devons rig

These are all FS1 and Flightgear freeware models converted for FS2 by one enterprising user.

• Like 1

Devons rig

Piper PA-38 Tomahawk for Aerofly FS2 Added: Same Github Link: https://github.com/krzysk1?tab=repositories 

s2jLDi.jpg

iOIssQ.jpg

Umzvz5.jpg

• Like 1

Devons rig

Three more planes, same link: https://github.com/krzysk1?tab=repositories 

Shavrov Sh-2 for Aerofly FS2

P-51 Mustang III for Aerofly FS2

Curtiss P-40 Warhawk for Aerofly FS2

PIluQP.jpg

OZMh6U.jpg

VIe6y3.jpg

• Like 1

Devons rig