Sign in to follow this  
MatthewS

Just Flight 747 Classic

If this is accurate, this will be the most exciting release in years for any platform.  

Hopefully they don’t cater to the kids and their FMC A/P on skills only and let us who actually can fly keep the add-on as INS only.

Load me up with a 747-100 with JT9D-7A’s and I’m a happy man. 🙂

• Like 2

I'm very excited by the fact that fuel and engine simulation will be taken outside the sim. That opens the door for accurate engine simulation, including accurate startup times. The main reason I end up spending money on the more premium aircraft addons out there is because I hate to see turbofan engines startup as if they were piston engines... I was a little hesitant with respect to the JF 747, as the Tristar also had that ridiculous engine start procedure (from what i gathered fro, Youtube videos). But, right now it looks like the 747 will be a step above that! I also really like that they will offer the -300 as an expansion pack. There are some -300 and -200F flying out there (mostly for Iranian airlines that, I guess, can't get anything newer because of sanctions) and I'd love to simulate those!

Where these older variants ever fitted with a FMS and associated gauges, or have they always flown with an INS?

EDIT: well, it doe slooka s though Mahan Air's 747-300 is still using the original INS! Wow...

4685577.jpg?v=v4ab564444a9

And I love this particular image, where you see the old instrumentation with the INS and everything... and then an iPad stuck on the side window 😛

2683916.jpg?v=v40

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

What is also worthy of note about this release, is the fact that some of the stuff which is being developed for it is going to trickle down to previously released JF airliners as patches, according to what the JF guys told me at Cosford late last year. Specifically, they told me that new INS which they have developed for this 747 is likely to find its way into their L-1011.

What is really interesting too, is that they're gonna have a stab at an SP, since there are of course quite a few 747 SPs still operational, albeit not making commercial passenger flights.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

British Airways fitted their 747-236Bs with a modified FMC ( Honeywell Flight Management System)……..found this video of some sim training...….

cu8qq1C.jpg

Edited by Chris Boyce

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

48 minutes ago, Chris Boyce said:

British Airways fitted their 747-236Bs with a modified FMC ( Honeywell Flight Management System)……..found this video of some sim training

Nice, but I think it'd be fun to do nav old school, with the INS and also hand fly SIDs/STARS.

• Like 1

Matthew S

4 hours ago, Chock said:

that they're gonna have a stab at an SP

I'll be all over that one.

I will buy it instantly as I miss ready for pushback, but quality speaking the external model and also the cockpit is not at today standard IHMO.

But flying VOR and INS need more concentration on flying skills then enjoy graphic detail.

my first route would be tehran-dubai without a doubt. AT least if pricepoint is under 100USD

Just read it myself and am really excited about this release.I can't count the hours i spent in the ready for pushback 747 merged with the Posky models in the early FS9/FSX days.Model wise it looks ok,but great,but i think that is subject to change as it is still being worked on.I hope we get both the INS and Fitted FMC option.

Once this gets released.i'll be all over the -200F for some African flights with MKAirlines and the -300 for some Sabena flights :).

Regards,

Steven

PS:Just gonna leave this here 😄https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4TRSYhrEJE

Edited by BelgianTiger_2
  • Upvote 1

Steven Ghion

Belgian Virtual Tigers

tiger1m.jpg

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

Nice, but I think it'd be fun to do nav old school, with the INS and also hand fly SIDs/STARS.

Keeping the No3 INS unit topped up with waypoints was the most tedious tasks I had to do as a 747 Flight Engineer, not so bad crossing the Atlantic as each waypoint was further apart but going across Europe was constant button pushing and a real pain.

Give me an FMS any day

• Like 1

Glen

1 hour ago, GAJ52 said:

Give me an FMS any day

As an ex-BA employee at LHR on the 747s, while the skill factor is undoubted there for those wishing to punch in INS waypoints, the flips-side, as you have alluded to is the 'tedious task' it is. So, agree with you on the FMS which, IMHO, has gone a long way to making today's flight decks less stressful workload-wise for crews.

3 hours ago, MatthewS said:

+1

4 hours ago, vc10man said:

As an ex-BA employee at LHR on the 747s, while the skill factor is undoubted there for those wishing to punch in INS waypoints, the flips-side, as you have alluded to is the 'tedious task' it is. So, agree with you on the FMS which, IMHO, has gone a long way to making today's flight decks less stressful workload-wise for crews.

The Civa INS allows you to load the ADEU cards with all the waypoints. 1-7 then 8-5 etc etc. Makes it every easy to fly long distance, without the hassle of every waypoint being inserted, 

Hopefully JF have this feature with their INS.