Sign in to follow this  
sv1511

P3Dv4 Random Texture Loading Issue

Hi Guys,

I have a really annoying problem that seems to be occurring randomly in my sim.

Sometimes, when I take off from EHAM, my textures stop loading after a minute or so. Everything starts out fine, but then, after a minute, the autogen that is loading close to my aircraft becomes black. The shadows on my aircraft also stop loading and the terrain gradually becomes more blurry. Whenever I pause the sim to give it time to catch up, nothing happens, no extra textures/terrain/autogen are being loaded. When I hit the hotkey to pause the sim and refresh the scenery, the bar starts loading at a very regular pace (about 1 percent per second; this never happens, when it loads normally, it always stops for several seconds, then makes 5% jumps, etc.) and stops loading somewhere between 9 and 32 percent. It never moves after that and P3D has to be shut down with the Task Manager.

First of all, this problem only occurs at EHAM. You should know that I use FlyTampa EHAM with ORBX openLC Europe and Vector. I have tried disabling these addons, but the problem can still occur, even then.

Secondly, this problem seems to occur more often in heavy weather (i.e. rain, heavy clouds, dawn/dusk).

Thirdly, this problem seems to occur specifically with heavy metal aircraft (PMDG 737/777, Aerosoft Airbus). it also only happens at take-offs, never at landings.

However, and this is the strange part, these conditions only increase the chance of this problem occurring. It is still completely random, and only seems to occur only about 40% of the time. To give you guys an example: when I was running tests in order to indentify the source of this problem, I ran tests in extreme weather conditions with Active Sky and constantly ran the same weather and the same sim time (03-03-2019 17:54 local time with historical weather set to sim time). The problem occurred all the time when I ran tests during the afternoon, but when I came back in the evening and ran tests in the exact same conditions, I was unable to reproduce the issue.

I have monitored my VAS usage and VRAM usage, but these are both fine and don't come anywhere near the limts of my system.

I ran the following add-ons during the test:

• PMDG 737 or PMDG 777
  • FlyTampa EHAM
  • ORBX Global, Vector, OpenLC Europe and Trees
  • A combination of Active Sky/ASCA/REX Skyforce/Envtex
  • AivlaSoft EFB (in the background)
  • SimStarterNG (to launch everything)

My System Specs are as follows:

• Intel i5-7600K
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • Corsair Dominator 2x8GB RAM (3000Mhz)

I run P3Dv4.4 at medium settings. Keep in mind that I don't have this problem anywhere else in my sim, not even at EGLL in a heavy thunderstorm with the 737NGX.

This insecurity of this issue is really driving me crazy, since I can't seem to locate the problem. I really hope you guys can help or have some suggestions!

Thanks in advance guys!

Sven

4 hours ago, sv1511 said:

I have monitored my VAS usage and VRAM usage, but these are both fine and don't come anywhere near the limts of my system.

P3DV4 is a 64 bit application.  Therefore it is impossible to run out of address space.   It is impossible to monitor VAS usage in 64 bit applications.

EHAM may not be completely compatible with P3DV4.4 but I see on the Fly Tampa website it is but only with a Patch installed.  Make sure it is completely up to date.  The old 32 bit applications do not work well in the 64 bit environment. 

Anytime your autogen, textures, or objects become black, it means only one thing... your settings as so high you are starving your application with sufficient resources to run the application.  Your GPU can only handle so much.  If you run P3D with the default settings, meaning these are the settings Lockheed Martin said your computer can use the best to run P3Dv4 successfully.  This was determined when you first started up P3D after installation.  Moving settings higher are at your risk and, if your computer cannot handle them because of black textures or autogen, then you need to go back to the default or lower the settings until they work.  Every computer is different.  For instance, my computer can run everything at max settings without any problems and with FPS at 40 plus most of the time.  An i5 system like yours, may not be able to do that.

To enjoy P3D, you need to let your system "breathe" so that it can render things fast.  If you do not allow your computer to do this, then you will not enjoy P3D until you move up to a system comparable to mine.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Have you tried clearing down your shaders folder?

Ian S

38.jpg

Thanks for the replys guys!

Yes, I have cleared my shaders folder, but the problem still returned after that.

As for the system overload theory: I had similar problems before that were caused by my settings. However, with those problems, pausing the sim and giving it time to load always fixed the problem. After that, I turned down my settings and the problem was fixed.

The big issue with this problem is that the sim won't load anything anymore and just gets stuck loading, leaving me with closing down the sim through the taskmanager as the only possible option. What also bothers me is that this problem only seems to occur at EHAM, and not at other heavy airports such as EGLL or EDDF.

Any ideas?