Sign in to follow this  
Leaky

FS 2004 upload

Hi, Yesterday I downloaded the long awaited up date of FS2004. It went well apart from three points I hope somebody can help me with,

On start up the aircraft preview page is black, if I press Fly Now it goes to Seattle but the screen is only about 2/3 wide, the cockpit as no controls, and I can only go the virtual cockpit. The upper aircraft bar ie to be able to change views, simulation rate etc is also not there, which means I can't leave that screen or even turn off FS,

I have to turn off my computer to shut down FS.

First of all, it remains imperative that you install FS2004 from the 4 CDs as a "custom" install, preferably in a partition outside the one in which your windows lives. The FS2004 update should then immediately be installed and only after that you must, especially when using Windows10, install the "No CD crack" because otherwise the fourth CD will not be accepted when you try to startup your FS2004.

When you have deviated from the above, all kinds of unpredictable problems can occur and by the sound of it, your problem certainly seems to be one of them.

Good luck.

Hans

Hans is correct!

Install FS2004 into C:\     NOT into it's default Program Files folder

Install the FS2004 9.1 update

Install the 9.1 NOCD patch

Right-click the desktop icon, click Properties

Click the 'Compatibility' tab & select XP (or any other)

Then tick 'Run as Administrator'

Then 'Apply' then 'OK'

That should do it! 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Can only be the 9.1 update from years ago..

Leaky, maybe delete the fs9.cfg, restart the sim & it will rebuilt the cfg.

That could work, maybe.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

When you say" Install FS2004 into C:\    NOT into it's default Program Files folder ",will it automatically create a folder in C,or do you have to create one.

nebojsa