Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Emails not being received for subscribed topics

I have stopped receiving emails from AvSim for new posts on topics I’m subscribed to. Seems to have started overnight Sat into Sun.

Are you aware if this and am I alone in missing them?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

New content for things you follow is turned off.  The only thing you are subscribed to is "someone comments on something I follow".

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,

I haven't received a notification for your reply to this topic. Something is definitely wrong unless you have changed the rules over the weekend.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

31 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Jim,

I haven't received a notification for your reply to this topic. Something is definitely wrong unless you have changed the rules over the weekend.

I'm receiving all notifications(only to Topics I follow), no issues, Ray.

Rules were not changed Ray. I can make modifications to your notifications but I have not touched them or any others.  In my case, I sometimes receive notifications a day later.  All I can say is no rules have been changed.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

How bizarre only me appears to be affected. I'll log out and clear my cache and perhaps the cookie. More later.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Could someone please post so I can check if I'm getting an email please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've just checked my deleted items folder and the last notification I received was sent at 00:01 on Sunday 3 March. Nothing since.

That seems a curious time. I have checked my spam folder and it's empty.

Can Jim or another mod please check what notifications were sent to my address after that time assuming some were. If they were sent then I need to contact my mail provider so your IP address and sender email would be appreciated please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Posting test...test...can you hear me now?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

No email received Charlie. Nothing since 00:01 Sunday.

Can you please confirm they are being sent from AvSim to my address?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Something isn't right at AvSim. In my "Manage Followed Content" I have several topics. One shows as having been last updated 1 hour ago but looking at that topic the last post was 19 hours ago.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Something isn't right at AvSim. In my "Manage Followed Content" I have several topics. One shows as having been last updated 1 hour ago but looking at that topic the last post was 19 hours ago.

That is because I opened the "Following" item at the top of each topic to see who was following and to be sure you were following.  I will send this topic to the AVSIM Tech to see if he has any solutions.  You do not need our IP address.  Just make sure your e-mail program will allow anything from AVSIM.com or AVSIM.net.

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim. No email notifications received for this topic. I had 17 pages of subscribed topics so had a clear out and got it down to 7. Doesn’t seem to have made any difference.

I have no lock on any emails from those two addresses. Would appreciate it if your tech people could confirm if automated emails were sent to my address.

I did notice nearly all my options to receive an email for subscribed topics were not selected. Odd. I have now enabled email for them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have passed it on to Brian, our AVSIM Tech. 

• Like 1

Submit News to AVSIM

The floodgate has opened. Whatever Brian did has fixed the problem. 73 emails received this morning most of which are from AvSim for topic subscriptions.

Many thanks chaps! 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather