Sign in to follow this  
buraktunahan

3Ds Max .X File Export , (Aircraft Modelling)

Hi.

I'm starting to make a plane for FSX. I started modeling the Rafale fighter plane. (I've given some preview views below). I'm using the FSX Acceleration Pack simulator. I'm using 3Ds Max 2016.

I installed the SDK software. I downloaded the "XtoMDL UI" software. "XtoMDL UI" program is running correctly.

I want to export the model I prepared with 3ds Max 2016 software as ".X" file. However, in 3Ds Max's export menu, there is no .X file in the "Export" options. I couldn't find a solution to this problem.

1- What plugin should I install in 3Ds Max 2016 for .X file export? 

2-How do I install plugin for .X file export? (My English is not enough, I would be glad if you can explain with picture if possible. I'm using Google translate.) 

3- Is 3Ds Max 2016 a suitable software version? Or should I use another version? (eg 3Ds Max 2009, 2011 etc.)

Best regards

pKWZ8pg.jpg

dP8AlBZ.jpg

lVrcL7E.jpg

• Like 1

You may have a problem my friend. As far as I can determine, Lockheed-Martin never released SDK tools that support Max 2016. :unsure:

Note that the list of supported Max versions in the P3D v4.0 SDK skips 2016 entirely! You will have to either move up to Max 2017 or down to Max 2016 in order to access a version of the export program, such as Max2017_FSModelExp_x64.dle that will generate the .x and .xml files.

The export tools are the critical point in the process. Once you have the .x and .xanim files generated, you can use any of the available XtoMDL compiler tools available to create the final .mdl file(s) for your sim version.

CV1zS.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you very much n4gix.

But, I'm using FSX Acceleration. If I create an .X and .Xanim file using the P3D SDK, will the mdl file that will occur is compatible with FSX? 

Best regards

You must have the correctly compiled export module for Max before you can generate the .x and .xanim files. After that you can use any of the SDK versions depending on the sim.

Lockheed-Martin never supported your version of Max (2016). You need these files from the latest P3Dv4.4 SDK:

CWBNA.png

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guys the reason Lockheed didn't provide the SDK for 3ds Max 2016 is because the 3ds maxe's (2015 & 2016) share the same binary plugin source.
So to use the Lochkeed's SDK for 3ds max 2016 just use the one provided for 2015.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2016/ENU/?guid=__files_GUID_6E179A56_5552_4D0B_BA61_BBD37B9E52DB_htm

P.S. nice plane, don't be afraid to add more polygons 🙂

Edited by Novicok100