Sign in to follow this  
CavalierDuck

We're going to Mexico!

I've had the idea to fly down through Central America for a little while now, since I gave myself a Round The World Challenge to do over the Christmas/New Year holiday period.  When I was crossing Mexico and heading towards the Caribbean, I noticed the rather nice mountains passing below me and thought they'd be worth going for a closer look sometime. There are a good few weeks worth of flying we can do, so I plan to start just over the Mexican border in Monterrey, and work our way south. 

We'll start at Monterrey's second airport, Del Norte MMAN and head west for a short hop across the mountains to Plan de Guadalupe (MMIO) near Saltillo.  This will be followed by a long leg following the mountains south to Ciudad Victoria, MMCV.  Keep heading south to Tamuin MMTN then back across the mountains to Queretaro MMQT.  Next stop is Toluca MMTO, and we finish for the week in Mexico City MMMX.

Flight plans

Download here.

Aircraft

Airports in Mexico are relatively few and far between.  But where they do build them, they build them big.  So we can comfortably fly whatever we like - just make it something with a good cruising speed.  300kts would be ideal, try to get as far north of 250kts as you can.  There will also be some altitude to deal with - those mountains are up to 12,000 feet high.  This looks made for light jets or fast turboprops.  Private jets would be a good choice, also subsonic military trainers like the L-39 or BAe Hawk. King Airs, PC-12s or similar would also do fine.  The shortest runway we have to deal with is MMTN at 4600 feet long, and fortunately it's almost at sea level.  I'm going to start off in a Lear 35. 

Scenery

Orbx FTX Global textures + FTX NA landclass are a good combination, especially with an addon mesh for the mountains.  I switched Vector back on for my test flights and didn't notice any long pauses, but YMMV. 

There are some freeware Mexican airport upgrades by Fernando Angel Gonzalez that give a considerable improvement on the default airports:

De Norte MMAN

Tamuin MMTN (check your AEC elevation)

Queretaro MMQT

Toluca MMTO

Particulars

Date and time: Saturday, 9th March, 2019. 1900 UTC.
Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D).

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Nick, 

Unfortunately search ID links do not work over there..
Hopefully these direct links to the files will work and they are the correct ones. For convenience..

De Norte MMAN ( mman_internacional_del_norte_airport_nl_mex.zip )
Tamuin MMTN ( check your AEC elevation - mmtn-tamuin_san_luis_potosi_mx.zip ) FIXED LINK - SEE BELOW 😞
Queretaro MMQT ( mmqt-queretaro_mx.zip ) 
Toluca MMTO ( mmto-toluca_mx.zip )

• Upvote 1

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Yeah, I tried too and they are links to www.flightsim.com which needs an account there.

9 hours ago, spokes2112 said:

Nick, 

Unfortunately search ID links do not work over there..
Hopefully these direct links to the files will work and they are the correct ones.

Oops!  Thanks Roman.

CD...looking forward to this/these flights. I've not spent ANY time in Central America, so it will be an interesting experience.

Roman, thanks for the links.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Oh my... My apologies!
Way too early that was ( 6:30 am ) and not enough coffee, along with slight case of sdylexaia.
The link above for MMTN actually brought you to MMTM which is not used in this plan 😞
The correct link is - 
Tamuin MMTN ( check your AEC elevation - mmtn-tamuin_san_luis_potosi_mx.zip  ) ALSO EDITED IN MY ORIGINAL POST ABOVE
Just found out during elevation check outs for the flight..

Wow - what a group today! Thanks for the flight Nick!
Bummer that I had to leave so early, a family call for help trumps all.
I can see a few duenna flights coming up in the next week. 😉 
A few shots taken during my short flight -

Image1.jpg?raw=1

SS_09Mar19_125422_N25.85665_W100.24398.j

SS_09Mar19_131517_N25.49508_W100.92548.j

SS_09Mar19_131704_N25.54687_W100.92791.j

SS_09Mar19_131729_N25.54688_W100.92791.j

SS_09Mar19_131843_N25.54688_W100.92791.j

SS_09Mar19_132015_N25.54688_W100.92791.j

Two group shots from the Mexican Excursion.

MEX_Monterrey_Group.jpg?dl=1
The first is the lineup at Monterrey El Norte. From the right are Roman (Cougar), Ron (L-39), Gunter (Citation Mustang), Leon (North American Mustang), Jeff (Citation Mustang), MikeB (Citation XLS), Josh (King Air), Roger (Citation Mustang), Steve (Learjet 35A), and MikeM (hidden Learjet 35A), and Nick taxiing forward in the distance (Learjet 34A).

MEX_Queretaro_Group.jpg?dl=1
The second shows part of the group at Queretaro ready at Rwy 27. MikeM (Learjet 35A), Nick (Learjet 35A), Jeff (Citation Mustang), Bert (Phenom 300), Steve (Learjet 35A), and Roger (Citation Mustang). Gunter and Josh are taxiing out of sight to the left.

• Upvote 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

A very, very "pre" - dawn patrol to finish up the Mexico flight.
A tip... Never do a post wake up flight until at least 2 cups of coffee are ingested. Cobwebs in the head caused the first one... :laugh::wacko: 

IusJUbWmFlTgPqJqstQKkkNYHb8.jpg

Text / Tracking

yEnMl0DTdQ0GJyniQOQl0bKzyg.jpg

Text / Tracking

ifbJvi1zHjouBAMT6Z9NBD1fI8.jpg

Text / Tracking

Ks0vSrXibuwvV6uSmXuHnoQR8ho.jpg

Text / Tracking

uhHpLfRmnStRyuDgBfkmAKUdEk.jpg

Text / Tracking

22 hours ago, MM said:

Two group shots from the Mexican Excursion.

MEX_Monterrey_Group.jpg?dl=1
The first is the lineup at Monterrey El Norte. From the right are Roman (Cougar), Ron (L-39), Gunter (Citation Mustang), Leon (North American Mustang), Jeff (Citation Mustang), MikeB (Citation XLS), Josh (King Air), Roger (Citation Mustang), Steve (Learjet 35A), and MikeM (hidden Learjet 35A), and Nick taxiing forward in the distance (Learjet 34A).

MEX_Queretaro_Group.jpg?dl=1
The second shows part of the group at Queretaro ready at Rwy 27. MikeM (Learjet 35A), Nick (Learjet 35A), Jeff (Citation Mustang), Bert (Phenom 300), Steve (Learjet 35A), and Roger (Citation Mustang). Gunter and Josh are taxiing out of sight to the left.

Nice shots Mike. Great flight with so many participating!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider