Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

KATL

Hi Everyone 

i am considering purchasing Imaginesims KATL. I have their WSSS scenery and have found it very good.

I am aware that FlyTampa are supposedly doing this scenery at the moment, but given the length of time and promises of soon for their upcoming KLAS scenery and the lack of images or information on the development of KATL - I am not confident we are going to see it anytime soon.

What are your opinions of the Imaginesim version. While not as new as their WSSS is it a credible offering for P3D?

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

It's certainly a good scenery which I use frequently. That however is largely due to my participation at Delta Virtual making it an obvious destination for me. If I weren't at Delta I'd not fly there that much because it's not up to the top standards that you mostly see today. The textures are decent but nothing that will make you say woah. Still tier three behind Flightbeam/FlyTampa and FSDreamteam for me, with FlyTampa KATL being an instant replacement. Also, even though it's been optimized for and is native P3Dv4, it's a huge hit on performance for me. As soon as I pan the camera around towards the terminals I lose a substantial amount of FPS and it's not so enjoyable. That is with an i7 6700K at 4 Ghz, 1080Ti. Low P3D settings will obviously alleviate the performance issue but then I feel given today's standards you could ask for better performance. I've switched off all kinds of eye candy in the config tool, btw., including less parking positions so less AI traffic. Add a broken/overcast REX clouds layer and a reasonable setting level in P3D and it's gets complicated.

If you really want/need an Atlanta scenery I suggest to go for it and you'll have some nice flights in and out of there until FlyTampa release theirs. This all is just my opinion, of course.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I think Niklas gave a fair opinion.  I would place Imaginesim above most of the older FSDT stuff however.  They added SODE jetways before most other developers jumped on that bandwagon, and their portrayal of the airport is relatively accurate.  I don't have performance issues with any Imaginesim product.

• Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

I recently started flying into KATL in real world ops so bought the  imaginsim scenery for orientation before going . I found the airport to be a good likeness to the scenery when I first landed there. I’m sure it may not be cutting edge but I had no complaints.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I use Imaginesim KATL a lot and have no complaints.

Vic green

Could be better as others have said, but it does get the job done and I like it They’ve improved on each version, so hats off to them for making advances over the years. I’m actually in the opposite situation as you and considering getting WSSS...

Orman

It’s a good rendition that I enjoy flying into...performance is good given how huge it is.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Performance could be better but the latest version is way better than it used to be. I also don’t like how they flattened the terrain. It makes for some strange cliffs a few miles away from the airport. Their rendition of KAUS also has this problem.

I have issues with their SODE gates not lining up correctly. Anyone else have this problem?

Sode works ok for me at atl. I’ve never noticed it not lining up correctly. Wouldn’t that be an issue with the exits section of your aircraft config? 

Orman

No it happens with every aircraft I have at KATL only, the SODE gates elsewhere work fine. I may need to delete imaginesim’s installation in the SODE folder and reinstall. I had problems with multiple entries and duplicate gates when they changed their operations center.

Edited by JasonPC

13 hours ago, JasonPC said:

No it happens with every aircraft I have at KATL only, the SODE gates elsewhere work fine. I may need to delete imaginesim’s installation in the SODE folder and reinstall. I had problems with multiple entries and duplicate gates when they changed their operations center.

Yes, I would try to reinstall the Atlanta SODE info

Orman

2 hours ago, AndreNr22 said:

Are there any news on FT KATL?

No. I expect that to be a little further down the road anyway as the airport is going through major renovation.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD