Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

I love AI(G)

I am overwhelmed by their One-Click-Installer (OCI). I've just downloaded about 40 airlines/AC/flightplans and most of my add-on airports are already filled up with such beautiful ai traffic. My next action will be to donate to all of these talented painters and programmers who made this possible.

• Like 7

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I still don't belive it. So this program does the same what UTL and TG can do, but does it for free and even more keeps it up to da, at least for now?

Really...?

What's the fps impact? I have been mostly using UTL so far which was not too hard with frames (at least not with my settings).

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

23 minutes ago, pmb said:

I still don't belive it. So this program does the same what UTL and TG can do, but does it for free and even more keeps it up to da, at least for now?

Really...?

What's the fps impact? I have been mostly using UTL so far which was not too hard with frames (at least not with my settings).

Kind regards, Michael

AIG's installer does to a large extent with TG does, I believe, but UTL's implementation is somewhat different I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, but AIG's and TG's AI flightplans are linear, direct-to flight plans. While UTL principally works with the same sort of flight plans, it uses its own database of waypoints to generate a more realistic flightplan then the traditional bgl-type AI tarffic in FSX or P3D will traditionally.

Also, at this point the available airlines through AIG are still somewhat limited. The UTL database is quite impressive. While UTL only comes with a handful of liveries out of the box, I've been able to find, install and assign hundreds of additional liveries. I have AI all over the world, and they are the same models as AIG offers, so in more ways than one, my customized UTL setup has a clear edge over AIG's implementation. That said, had I not had UTL and had I not spent so many hours perfecting my setup, I'd probably gone with AIG's installer in a heart beat. I commend them for making things ridiculously easy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Been using AIG One-Click-Installer here and have about 1200 liveries with associated flight plans. I have no experience with UTL so I can't compare performance (fps impact) to AIG, but I have found there to be a negative performance impact with AIG. I think it's more broadly an AI issue with P3D, and not specific to AIG. I am currently using the installed AIG liveries with RealTraffic/PSXseecontraffic, and have found the performance impact to be significantly less in this configuration.

It should be noted that AIG uses bgl flightplans and the whole works is managed by P3D AI control, whereas the RT/PSX programs are running outside P3D and simply injecting models and movement into P3D using simconnect.

With all that said, the AIG models seem to be nicely optimized and in themselves don't seem to cause much of a performance hit.

Michael, to answer your question directly, I believe that yes, AIG more or less does what UTL does, but for free

I am VERY happy with AIG liveries, and the One-Click-Installer makes it all easy to set up

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

48 minutes ago, pmb said:

Really...?

Kind regards, Michael

Quick performance test:  PMDG 737NGX on runway 07C with full view of airport. About 90 a/c (ai traffic @ 50%). Virtual Cockpit. 17-18 fps. Seems good enough for me at the moment. I will compare later with UTL at the same position.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Thanks, Nemo that would be great.

As Steven states, any AI traffic program (and I had them all at a point in time) has a certain fps impact. Given sensible settings, I found the impact of UTL/UT2 still less than bgl-based programs (including TG), but this was just on my system (actually even different systems over time) and/or settings.

BTW, the least impact I found so far was using PSXSeecontraffic (networked). Even with hubs like KSFO full of planes.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

I can only speak from personal experience on my system.... 

With AIG a lot of that is going to depend on your AI traffic slider levels, and if you have a bunch of flight plans loaded, and high levels of AI at a dense payware scenery airport, then yes, it can affect performance.

The good news is you can always turn the levels down while you are still in the sim, to get things back to an acceptable level performance wise, and still enjoy a decent amount of AI traffic.

The vast majority of the AIG flightplans are set to 1% activity level, which makes all flights either on or off in the sim. This makes sense since they based on real world airline schedules.

One can change that with AI Flight Planner by randomizing that activity levels of all the AIG schedules, for example 10 to 50%.

Another option is to use the FSUIPC AI traffic limiter which limits the total number of AI aircraft in the user's reality bubble.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm a long time user of UTL/UT2/UT, but have always been fond of mixing it with bgl stuff to fill things out. In the past, I would also download WofAI stuff, skip the flightplans and assign the paints to UT. In comparison, I think the main performance hit is with load times - it seems to take longer to load all of those bgls. I love the AIGAIM - I think it is genius! I have switched over every airline available to that format. I am still, however, running UTL for other things. Here is why:

I recently went through a drama filled AI issue that has been resolved. In the process of diagnosing the problem, I uninstalled all traces of AI on my system. This allowed me to start fresh with AIGIAM and UTL. I decided to install everything from AIG, and on an airport by airport basis, only install what was missing from UTL. The first airport I tackled was MMUN, and you may be surprised how much is missing from AIG that is needed at MMUN and is, at least from a flightplan perspective, available with UTL. This is the list of airlines I found that fly to Cancun, have flightplans (and some paints) with UTL, but no OCI ready AIG flightplans:

Aerolineas Argentinas
Air Canada
Air Canada Rouge
Air Europa
Air Transat
Avianca 
Azur Air
Blue Panorama
Condor (Thomas Cook UK)
Copa
Cubana
Evelop
Interjet
Nord Wind
Sun Country
Sunwing
Swoop
Thomas Cook UK
Tropic Air

Mayair
Viva Aerobus
Volaris Costa
Volaris Costa Rica
Westjet

I'm sure I overlooked something. UTL is, however, still needed, and if you really want to fill things up, you will still need to install some paints manually and assign them in UTL. For those circumstances, at least, AIG has installed most of the models, so my suggestion you be to make a copy of those models, place them in a different directory and install the new paints to the ones in those directories - you want to keep AIG clean.

• Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

3 hours ago, pmb said:

Really...?

The AIG AI Manager does FAR more that UTL does. TG, as it sits now, is somewhere along the lines of Traffic 360 but less. AIG has also been developing for ages for free, they are against having to pay for AI. FPS impact as mentioned many times before over the years comes down to the number of AI in your immediate area, you can have 100 gorgeous AI or 100 let's say not so nice looking ai and the difference in performance is nil, an old school myth leftover from FS9. You get accurate fleets, much more accurate schedules for their sample period (no need to start Tooting ;)) and gorgeous models and paints, something that you get NONE of with UTL/UT2,  TG, or (shudder) MyT6.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

9 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

I'm a long time user of UTL/UT2/UT, but have always been fond of mixing it with bgl stuff to fill things out. In the past, I would also download WofAI stuff, skip the flightplans and assign the paints to UT. In comparison, I think the main performance hit is with load times - it seems to take longer to load all of those bgls. I love the AIGAIM - I think it is genius! I have switched over every airline available to that format. I am still, however, running UTL for other things. Here is why:

I recently went through a drama filled AI issue that has been resolved. In the process of diagnosing the problem, I uninstalled all traces of AI on my system. This allowed me to start fresh with AIGIAM and UTL. I decided to install everything from AIG, and on an airport by airport basis, only install what was missing from UTL. The first airport I tackled was MMUN, and you may be surprised how much is missing from AIG that is needed at MMUN and is, at least from a flightplan perspective, available with UTL. This is the list of airlines I found that fly to Cancun, have flightplans (and some paints) with UTL, but no OCI ready AIG flightplans:

Aerolineas Argentinas
Air Canada
Air Canada Rouge
Air Europa
Air Transat
Avianca 
Azur Air
Blue Panorama
Condor (Thomas Cook UK)
Copa
Cubana
Evelop
Interjet
Nord Wind
Sun Country
Sunwing
Swoop
Thomas Cook UK
Tropic Air

Mayair
Viva Aerobus
Volaris Costa
Volaris Costa Rica
Westjet

I'm sure I overlooked something. UTL is, however, still needed, and if you really want to fill things up, you will still need to install some paints manually and assign them in UTL. For those circumstances, at least, AIG has installed most of the models, so my suggestion you be to make a copy of those models, place them in a different directory and install the new paints to the ones in those directories - you want to keep AIG clean.

Yeah, I cannot live without AirCanada and WestJet I hope we get them soon. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

28 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

Aerolineas Argentinas

Air Canada
Air Canada Rouge
Air Europa
Air Transat
Avianca 
Azur Air
Blue Panorama
Condor (Thomas Cook UK)
Copa
Cubana
Evelop
Interjet
Nord Wind
Sun Country
Sunwing
Swoop
Thomas Cook UK
Tropic Air

Mayair
Viva Aerobus
Volaris Costa
Volaris Costa Rica
Westjet

I have just installed (via OCI) the most recent flightplans for:

Aerolineas Argentinas

Copa

Transat

I am sure some of those that you are missing are in the workds (see https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=28612.0

Otherwise you can still find most others as older flightplans and install them via AIFP.

• Like 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

2 hours ago, pmb said:

Thanks, Nemo that would be great.

As Steven states, any AI traffic program (and I had them all at a point in time) has a certain fps impact. Given sensible settings, I found the impact of UTL/UT2 still less than bgl-based programs (including TG), but this was just on my system (actually even different systems over time) and/or settings.

BTW, the least impact I found so far was using PSXSeecontraffic (networked). Even with hubs like KSFO full of planes.

Kind regards, Michael

Michael,

I too was using RealTraffic/PSXseecontraffic networked for a long time, and the other night I decided to see what resources they were using on the laptop running them...it was almost nothing at all (as far as CPU was concerned). As a test I fired them up on my sim computer, and found there to be virtually no difference in P3D performance versus PSX networked, and in fact I found the AI motion to be MUCH smoother. I had been running networked specifically to keep the load off my sim computer, but it appears that there just isn't much performance gain by doing so...at least on my system.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

I can't say enough good things about this wonderful product. I have made lots of ai packages on my own and it's a lot of busy work. I am not experienced in doing that but I decided that I wanted total control over my AI so I uninstalled TG and UTL and downloaded the AIG one click installer. So now all that work is being done by someone else who knows what they are doing. I have slowly been moving my custom ai into AIG because I know they have done things correctly. It's so annoying when you create ai and have to make sure the model is correct, the version is correct, the textures are correct and so on. Yes, they don't have every airline done yet but they have a very impressive list so far and they update at least once a week. They are quick to respond to questions and always have a helpful answer. I have used every AI package out there but have to come to realize that for me the bgl flight plans are the way to go because I can also use it with super traffic board. Just think of it as the updated version of world of ai and we all know how important that tool was. They have future plans to add more tools and they stay current with airline fleets. If you love AI then this is probably the most important tool to have.

Freeware of the year for me so far, even though that the work put in it is by so many different painters and modelers. To anyone planning on switching over, plan your space accordingly, I'm at about 27gb in the OCI folder.
When I was going through the process of installing airline by airline and consequently turning them off in UTL and checking whether paints exists, I couldn't believe how many are missing in the payware package, mind boggling. I am never again spending a dime on a payware traffic program. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |