Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

I love AI(G)

3 hours ago, pmb said:

I found the impact of UTL/UT2 still less than bgl-based programs (including TG), but this was just on my system (actually even different systems over time) and/or settings.

UTL and UT2 running outside of the sim actually doesn't impact the performance of your sim in the slightest, the hit comes from a combination of managing all of the aircraft within your bubble as well as displaying those within your immediate surroundings. Take 100-300 aircraft injected with UTL vs the same number from bgl traffic and the performance difference is negligible either way.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

you can still find most others as older flightplans and install them via AIFP

actually with a few years use of AIFP, I still use it instead of OCI for the new recent W1819's ...... using AIFP allows one to minimise the downloads / install needed if you like I fly only regionally (eg I don't need BAW narrowbodies for US skies).

for now, cheers

john martin

I have stopped using AIG aircraft last year as I was suffering from a memory leak and couldn’t find out which models/liveries 

After uninstalling everything I switched to TG + FsXPAI and no issues anymore 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

6 hours ago, somiller said:

Michael,

I too was using RealTraffic/PSXseecontraffic networked for a long time, and the other night I decided to see what resources they were using on the laptop running them...it was almost nothing at all (as far as CPU was concerned). As a test I fired them up on my sim computer, and found there to be virtually no difference in P3D performance versus PSX networked, and in fact I found the AI motion to be MUCH smoother. I had been running networked specifically to keep the load off my sim computer, but it appears that there just isn't much performance gain by doing so...at least on my system.

Kind Regards,

I never tried running it on the main machine, as I was confident having it networked would give a performance boost to the sim, too. But I agree, it could be smoother this way. I'll certainly give it a try. Advantage of networked installation is you can access all settings/reports during flight without disturbing the simulator.

But I'd better defer this to another thread as this one is about AIG.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

56 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

what si the difference between aig and http://flai.bvartcc.com/ ?

Does bvai include the AIG giles

Flai is for VATSIM online i believe, i use it for VATSIM and then i use the AIG for offline flying 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

14 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

One can change that with AI Flight Planner by randomizing that activity levels of all the AIG schedules, for example 10 to 50%.

Another option is to use the FSUIPC AI traffic limiter which limits the total number of AI aircraft in the user's reality bubble.

Super Traffic Board can do all this along with a host of other cool stuff, like setting up a 3 mile final separation so aircraft don't try to land on one another.

21 minutes ago, newtie said:

Super Traffic Board can do all this along with a host of other cool stuff, like setting up a 3 mile final separation so aircraft don't try to land on one another.

The problem is that it tends to "ZAP" the airplanes rather than separate them..

But well.. at least it is something.

S.

3 hours ago, Victoroos said:

what si the difference between aig and http://flai.bvartcc.com/ ?

Does bvai include the AIG giles

FLAi is a set of AI models and repaints (mostly using the exact same ones as you would get using AIG AI Manager) but they are intended for model matching in online flying. They can be used for ai, of course but have no flightplans or schedules associated with them.

13 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

I have just installed (via OCI) the most recent flightplans for:

Aerolineas Argentinas

Copa

Transat

I am sure some of those that you are missing are in the workds (see https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=28612.0

Otherwise you can still find most others as older flightplans and install them via AIFP.

Thanks for the heads up. I installed them this morning (have to remember to deactivate them in UTL when I get home).

Just to be clean, I'm definitely not criticizing AIGAIM at all. It is the best AI solution I have ever seen. It takes the concept of WofAI and moves it forward in a manner I never thought I would see. It really is a game changer and as long as the paints and flightplans are created, I think it has the potential to make the payware stuff obsolete, unless, of course, they begin to do things that area really revolutionary.

Anyway, the point I'm making that always seems to get lost is it is not a one or the other decision. If you already own UTL, keep it installed and only activate the airlines you are missing (I wouldn't buy it now, however). UTL has a ton of flightplans, and if you spend some time finding the paints and V4 compatible models, you will have traffic all over the world. Some of those paints are already included in the FLAI package, so you just need to assign them to UTL, and since AIGAIM installed a ton of updated models, it can be a simple as finding the paints for those obscure airlines and assigning them to UTL.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

14 hours ago, duckbilled said:

I'm sure I overlooked something. UTL is, however, still needed, and if you really want to fill things up, you will still need to install some paints manually and assign them in UTL. For those circumstances, at least, AIG has installed most of the models, so my suggestion you be to make a copy of those models, place them in a different directory and install the new paints to the ones in those directories - you want to keep AIG clean.

This is a very good suggestion. I also have UTL with many self-added a/c and repaints. It is also easy to switch between AIG and UTL (before starting P3D) depending on the route I want to fly.

IMO, ai has made some big steps forward in recent time. We just can hope that LM catches up to allow a better ai movement on apron and runways. Wasn't there an announcement of a possible add-on that would improve ai behavior on ground (wink @ Simbol?)

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

13 minutes ago, Nemo said:

This is a very good suggestion. I also have UTL with many self-added a/c and repaints. It is also easy to switch between AIG and UTL (before starting P3D) depending on the route I want to fly.

IMO, ai has made some big steps forward in recent time. We just can hope that LM catches up to allow a better ai movement on apron and runways. Wasn't there an announcement of a possible add-on that would improve ai behavior on ground (wink @ Simbol?)

There isn't really a need to switch between the two. You can limit UTL to only display certain airlines and then run them together. It works just fine. You can also have UTL display all airlines except selected airlines. I think the former is easier to deal with if you install all of the AIGIAM packages.

I started with Cancun, but you can start with any airport you frequent. This website will tell you every airline that services that airport. Any airline that services that airport but isn't on offered by OCI yet, enable the airline in UTL. Hunt down the paints and assign them in UTL. If they are larger airlines (like Interjet or Volaris), you probably already have the paints if you installed the FLAI stuff.

Easy, but a little time consuming. Still, with AIGAIM, it is a lot less time consuming than it was in the old days. Just think, one day we'll be telling our children about the horrors of installing AI manually, walking to school 5 miles in the snow...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

22 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

There isn't really a need to switch between the two. You can limit UTL to only display certain airlines and then run them together. It works just fine. ...

That sounds even better. But how did you do this? Is this possible via the UTL GUI? But then I had to disable many many airlines except those I want to keep.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

52 minutes ago, Nemo said:

But how did you do this? Is this possible via the UTL GUI? But then I had to disable many many airlines except those I want to keep.

Super easy and really quite quick.  Open UTL and under the simulation tab and on the right side is Traffic Display Settings and check that you have the check boxes as below.

Capture.png

Where is says airline you search by airline code and find the airlines that you have added with AIGAIM and then select +not  (as in to not be included in UTL any longer). Add as many as you like and then once done, Save settings and voila.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Upvote 3

deleted

Edited by Nemo

- Harry