Hi Would like to know if gaming monitors for PD3 or x plane give you any sort of improvement.

Thanks

This is sort of a difficult answer to post. A gaming monitor can help with smoothness with the use of freesync and Gsync and high refresh rates. However, the hardware required and the reduced setting that would be needed to achieve those high frames negate the use of one. Honestly in the end I would not recommend one unless you play other games that will use the features.

OK i run a Samsung LC32f397fwexxy at the moment 1920x1080 60hz at the moment. i think i will stick with that for the moment.

for P3D if you switch to a 2K gaming monitor you can turn off FXAA for a minor improvement because you will suffer much less from visible jaggies. if you go g-sync you will eliminate screen tearing.
a simmers interaction with a flight sim is through what they touch, hear and see. improving any of those in any tangible way is beneficial to the overall experience.

I have XP but don't use it enough to comment.

A mod might like to change the title of this thread as 'gamming' might attract the wrong sort of visitor...:biggrin:

4 hours ago, jpf said:

for P3D if you switch to a 2K gaming monitor you can turn off FXAA for a minor improvement because you will suffer much less from visible jaggies. if you go g-sync you will eliminate screen tearing.
a simmers interaction with a flight sim is through what they touch, hear and see. improving any of those in any tangible way is beneficial to the overall experience.

I have XP but don't use it enough to comment.

I have moved over i still use PD3 but the improvements in GA flying in XP and the hot start TBM900 add are good.I have been looking to make some PC and visual improvements and this could be one of the changes i make.