Sign in to follow this  
Bt103504

Not Detecting Addon Airports

Greetings All,

I was hoping for some help with an issue I've been experiencing and trying to troubleshoot for the last few days without success. I have purchased a copy of Pilot2ATC and have installed the Lorby Addon manager per the instructions in the guide (installed into my main P3Dv4 directory where the .exe is located) and have run the export feature in the addon manager so that the Pilot2ATC can read my complete scenery library including all the addons.  After using the export feature the window in the Lorby addon manager instructs you to leave the window open and run the scenery scan in the 3rd party software (Pilot2ATC) before clicking the restore scenery.cfg 

My understanding per the installation guide for Pilot2ATC is that in order for Pilot2ATC to update its scenery database I would need to run either the taxiway or the gate import feature. I have run both of these and do not see any of my addon airports showing up. Is there another process I should use to import my scenery library? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm just at a complete loss at this point. 

For further information, I'm primarily a bush pilot and am trying to ensure that my Return to Misty Moorings Airports show up in the database. What's interesting is that I have several other programs that also use the makerwys application have been able to successfully detect these airports and add them to the database (Airhauler2, FSCaptain, etc).  Any help that folks could offer would be greatly appreciated!

P2A looks for the t5.csv, r5.csv and g5.csv created by MakeRwys.exe.  It looks for these files in the folder you enter in the P3D Root Folder text box on the Import Scenery page of Taxi Mnt. 

Just make sure those files are updated with your addon airports and that the folder is correctly entered and P2A will import them.

Dave

Thanks for the prompt response Dave, much appreciated.  I had a couple of follow-up questions I was hoping you could address as well....

1. I was a little confused by the Pilot2ATC guide, should I run both the Taxi import AND the gates update or would it only be necessary to run one of them?

2. From what I have read on other forums I would also need to be running Pilot2ATC as admin so that the makerwys app can run effectively?

1.  Yes, Gates are imported separately, so you must run both to get all the airport data imported.

2.  Actually, the best way to do it is to run MakeRwys.exe directly instead of via P2A.  Then, when importing the files are already built/updated and you should choose to not runway MakeRwys again in the P2A prompts.  Depending on how/where P2A and P3D are installed, you may need to run as Admin to avoid access issues.  Can't hurt to do so.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks! Very helpful information and I really appreciate your support. I'll run some tests tonight when I return home from work and let you know if the issue is resolved.

-Ben