Sign in to follow this  
odourboy

P3D V4.4 Question: Sim Pause After Load?

Since installing 4.4, I'm experiencing the sim going into a Paused state after aircraft loading is complete. I have to manually unpause the sim to proceed with my session. I haven't been able to find if/where this behavior is configured. Can I turn this off? It kind of annoys me.

Sounds like your default scenario was saved out while the sim was in "Pause"...try loading just the default scenario--if it's paused, unpause it, then save it back again in that state as the default scenario.

Regards

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

AFAIK, it was never saved that way, but still worth a try since I did not change my default scenario when going from 4.3 to 4.4. Maybe something else in the default scenario is responsible.

FWIW, I moved back to 4.3 at one point and this behavior stopped. Reinstalled 4.4 (client only) and it started again.

EDIT: Well that worked! Maybe way back when, when I last saved my default flight, it was paused.

Edited by odourboy
  • Upvote 1

I always use a default scenario with a default P3D multi-engine acft, engines running, battery and avionics switches on, and at a default P3D airfield.  How and what gets inherited from the default scenario has always been something of a mystery in MSFS/P3D.

It could be something in an add-on, but I can't recall having every encountered that or hearing about it over the years.

Regards

I have noticed it too. Could it have something to do with the "pause on task switch" in the options menu?

31 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I have noticed it too. Could it have something to do with the "pause on task switch" in the options menu?

Nope. I tried that setting and it made no difference.

It was a my default flight saved with the sim paused. I think LM must have 'fixed' this in 4.4 because I've been using the same default flight since V4 first came out, but it is only in V4.4 that it actually loaded my flights paused.

To fix this, I loaded my default flight, unpaused it and saved it again. Fixed!