Sign in to follow this  
Colonel X

Disable mouse zoom plug-in.

Installation

Simply unzip the plugin and drop it under Resources/plugins in X-Plane. Then define your mouse-zoom-allow function as described above and that's it. There is no further configuration required.

Hi fellas, I still don't understand how to run this.  I place the plugin in the proper spot, then what?  How do I "define your mouse-zoom-allow function?"  I mean specifically?  Can someone post a screenshot of how to do this as I'm a newbie and totally baffled by this despite trillions of tries :blink:

Jack Sawyer

23 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Hi fellas, I still don't understand how to run this.  I place the plugin in the proper spot, then what?  How do I "define your mouse-zoom-allow function?"  I mean specifically?  Can someone post a screenshot of how to do this as I'm a newbie and totally baffled by this despite trillions of tries :blink:

Inside the zip file is a readme.md file. Just open that with your favorite text editor and all will be explained :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Glenn_C said:

Inside the zip file is a readme.md file. Just open that with your favorite text editor and all will be explained 🙂

Thanks but that’s the thing, I have absolutely NO idea what he’s talking about.  This looks like coding to me.  I don’t understand coding.

Jack Sawyer

4 hours ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks but that’s the thing, I have absolutely NO idea what he’s talking about.  This looks like coding to me.  I don’t understand coding.

Just put the contents of the zip (keep the folder structure as is) in the Resource/plugins folder as described and set it up in your keyboard settings. I tried it out and it works great :)

Hold ctrl-alt+z to allow zooming

or toggle it with

Shift-Ctrl+z

^ These are what I chose you can choose your own key board shortcuts / combinations.

full.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glenn_C said:

Just put the contents of the zip (keep the folder structure as is) in the Resource/plugins folder as described and set it up in your keyboard settings. I tried it out and it works great :)

Hold ctrl-alt+z to allow zooming

or toggle it with

Shift-Ctrl+z

^ These are what I chose you can choose your own key board shortcuts / combinations.

full.png

Excellent!  Thank you Glenn, this is exactly what I was looking for, I really appreciate this!

Jack Sawyer

Alleluiah! This plugin is THE must have for XPlane.

ColonelX and airboeing thank you so so much🤣🙏

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Has anyone gotten this to work in xplane 11.50?

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Good question! It's INOP in B9.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

It's not working, so I curbed it. Maybe there will be an update.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I use X-Camera and you can disable the zoom button on different views you create.

• Like 2