Sign in to follow this  
exeodus

P3D 4.4 - Vegetation (Trees) not populating where they should

I just discovered a problem that has only came about in the past couple of days.  I noticed that I have very little trees populating the landscape where they should. 

KLAX Runway 7L, facing south.

prepar3d-2019-03-06-21-41-54.jpg

The residential tiles have no trees on them.  They only appear in certain areas in blotches, like a park or certain residential areas with curved streets instead of square grid.  You can also see in the picture below that areas affected in this way do not have any street lights either:

Just outside default scenario location at dusk, take off and turn right, first bit of land after the water.

prepar3d-2019-03-06-20-25-32.jpg

Red box: Has trees and street lights.

Below the red box: No trees or street lights.

All areas look like this.  Turning up all of the scenery sliders to max right did not make a difference.  The autogen buildings are populating, just not any trees.

This picture was taken with just a fresh install of FTX Global (OLC North America and Vector were not installed).  I have tried everything, including delete the P3D config, SceneryIndexes64, and let them rebuild.  I uninstalled FTX Global, OLC NA, OLC Europe, Vector, HD Trees, then reinstalled with fresh downloads, testing each step to see if I could isolate the issue.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled the P3D client but it didn't help.  I have screenshots take a I took just a week ago, and they did not have this problem.  The only thing that changed was that I updated to the last Nvidia driver, but I reverted back to a previous driver and it did not help.

Any ideas please.

Edited by exeodus

Alan

Hi exeodus

Not sure if I have any ideas, but I have had exactly the same issue - in my case I see it around UK2000 Jersey and Orbx Southampton in the UK. Vegetation is completely absent from the area and the baldness occurs in random patches. I do not have a clean install. I'm running P3D v4.4 in Win 10 professional on a fairly old machine.

One idea I had was I recently installed Flightscene's Tahiti and the Society Islands, which has an Autogen Manager that seems to do quite complex things to autogen. It's also difficult to completely disable. I also use Turbulent Design TerraFlora trees.

If you don't have any other scnery or autogen add ons apart from Orbx though that can't be the problem. Like you the problem only recently appeared, it was fine a few weeks ago.

Be interested to hear what others have to say and if anyone has had similar issues.

Regards

Ray

I noticed this last night on a fresh install of P3D, Orbx and Flytampa Montreal around the airport  A massive bald patch of vegitation to the south of the airport.  It may be accurate but I remember thinking that it looked odd

1 hour ago, rayharris108 said:

One idea I had was I recently installed Flightscene's Tahiti and the Society Islands, which has an Autogen Manager that seems to do quite complex things to autogen. It's also difficult to completely disable. I also use Turbulent Design TerraFlora trees.

Not surprising, the AutogenConfigurationMerger is the reason I did never install the Tahiti scenery again and I will never buy another scenery using this tool. Even more now, as with 4.4 the tool is basically obsolete as LM introduced the capability of using more than one autogen definition file.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Even more now, as with 4.4 the tool is basically obsolete as LM introduced the capability of using more than one autogen definition file.

Does this work automatically? The reason I ask is that I have the France VFR Bass Normandie package, but when I installed it in P3D v3.4, it made a mess of my autogen definitions (and also caused other problems), so I removed it. I would like to be able to install it in P3D v4.4, so that I can approach Guernsey and Jersey from the east without having to fly over default scenery (which is unacceptable to me).

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Not surprising, the AutogenConfigurationMerger is the reason I did never install the Tahiti scenery again and I will never buy another scenery using this tool. Even more now, as with 4.4 the tool is basically obsolete as LM introduced the capability of using more than one autogen definition file.

Just bought that last week. Now, the OP's post and replies here spur me to re-check as per what's in this thread. A great alert.

Thanks.

51 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Does this work automatically? The reason I ask is that I have the France VFR Bass Normandie package, but when I installed it in P3D v3.4, it made a mess of my autogen definitions (and also caused other problems), so I removed it. I would like to be able to install it in P3D v4.4, so that I can approach Guernsey and Jersey from the east without having to fly over default scenery (which is unacceptable to me).

I don't think that it works automatically. As far as I know, now with 4.4 and using the add-on.xml, you can include an autogen definition for each scenery and P3D will accept this. If the scenery is not designed as such (using an individual autogen definition file inside the folders added to P3D via add-on.xml), I guess it will not work. But that is just guessing, I am no expert on this field...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Suddenly same issue here too .

This is just with Orbx and Terra Flora Trees

The other thing I noticed is that FTX Central was very very slow in responding .Takes 30 seconds to load all your scenery for installation ( where before it was 1-2 seconds). You would double click FTX CENTRAL , and then you just get " FTX central loading" for 30 seconds ( where before it was less than 5) . I wonder if Orbx just snuck in an update for  it.

I really hope it is not another Windows 1809 bug.( just showed up on my system) That is why when I am reinstalling , I will ONLY install 1803 ( which works perfectly)!

Edited by planechaser
change spelling

This is for anybody who has installed any Flytampa sceneries using the new installers

Looks like it has been fixed. I now remember that I installed CYUL and YYZ via the new installers and then the issue started .

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12828

• Like 2

19 hours ago, planechaser said:

This is for anybody who has installed any Flytampa sceneries using the new installers

Looks like it has been fixed. I now remember that I installed CYUL and YYZ via the new installers and then the issue started .

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12828

i can confirm this was my issue as well.  I had remembered after I made this thread I ran the new universal installer, so I checked the FlyTampa forums, and found this thread: https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12828

After applying the fix the issue is gone.  Thanks to everyone who participated in this thread.

Alan

Hi exeodus, and all

I can confirm after applying the fix in the link above (i.e. deleting the autogen section in the addon.xml file in Librabries under FlyTampa directory) worked a treat. All autogen back as it should be.

Thanks all for this invaluable thread.

Kind regards,

Ray