Sign in to follow this  
onebob

FTX Central re-setting Scenery.cfg

Hi, recently installed FSAerodata and running ok, however If I run FTX Central it re sets the scenery order and moves the FSAerodat files below the FTX scenery files in the Scenery Library in the Prepar3D Scenery Library drop down menu.

At the moment I use the drop down menu to move the FSAerodata scenery back to the top.

( i'm aware that in the scenery.cfg file, the priority start at the bottom)

Is there a way I can use the addon-on manger to stop this happing or can I just cut and paste edit the scenery.cfg file.

many thanks  bob 

Edited by onebob

Hi,

no, you can't stop this. What I did was, that I set an insertion point in FTX Central below a scenery that I know that it will always be on top of the scenery.cfg. FS Aerodata I moved to an add-on.xml at the top of my library.. 

In your case, I would just set the insertion point in FTX Central to be below FSAerodata.

i'm aware that in the scenery.cfg file, the priority start at the bottom)

No. The "priority" doesn't exist at all, that is just a visual cue on the scenery library dialog. The simulator uses the "Layer" numbers internally, to generate the sequence in which the scenery is loaded. With the add-on.xml references, not even the layer number is mandatory. They don't have to be unique or ascending in numerical order since P3D 4.4 (only in the scenery.cfg itself it is better to do it that way).

If you want to know the actual order in which your simulator reads the scenery, use the scenery index report in P4AO.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi,

no, you can't stop this. What I did was, that I set an insertion point in FTX Central below a scenery that I know that it will always be on top of the scenery.cfg. FS Aerodata I moved to an add-on.xml at the top of my library.. 

In your case, I would just set the insertion point in FTX Central to be below FSAerodata.

No. The "priority" doesn't exist at all, that is just a visual cue on the scenery library dialog. The simulator uses the "Layer" numbers internally, to generate the sequence in which the scenery is loaded. With the add-on.xml references, not even the layer number is mandatory. They don't have to be unique or ascending in numerical order since P3D 4.4 (only in the scenery.cfg itself it is better to do it that way).

If you want to know the actual order in which your simulator reads the scenery, use the scenery index report in P4AO.

Best regards

Thanks, the insertion point worked.

bob