Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Introducing - Airport2Sim Greek Islands

So thank you if you hopped on board with Airport2Sim Amsterdam! I had absolutely no idea how it was going to go down with the community when we came up with the idea and I'm not going to lie - I was nervous. Making a tutorial set for an add-on airport is a pretty niche affair but I'm really happy with the results and a 9/10 review from FS Elite was the cherry on the top. We have a few updates of the GSX file to come (updated aircraft positions/removal of the GPUs on the jetways as they don't have them at EHAM) and also we want to release the AFCAD file to go with the airport layout in the videos, but in the words of Gordon Ramsay - Airport2Sim Amsterdam is done

So what's next for Airport2Sim? 

Well, I have a couple of big hubs planned for the next 6-12 months but I wanted to mix it up a little bit for the next one. I wanted to take us somewhere that had amazing scenery, a relatively simple ground layout that wouldn't involve me spending months on a GSX file and also a place that we all would like to fly to into but where resources to learn how to do so realistically are limited. So I decided to go Greek. Here goes:

It's all pretty self explanatory really. These are some of the most difficult airports to fly into and out of in the world. There is no ILS, the runways are either short and/or narrow, have terrain at each end or to the sides, the MSA is very high and night time approaches are difficult. Whichever way you look at it, these are airports that demand your 100% attention. I'm super excited to bring you some real world training on these three amazing airports:

Skiathos: short, narrow runway. visual approach and departures usually offered. NDB approach at night or in poor weather. We'll show you all the procedures here in a variety of aircraft. 

Corfu: VOR approach to relatively short runway. Difficult circling approach in use 25% of the time with no published procedure. High terrain to the north.

Samos: Visual approach due to Turkish airspace to the East. Tight circling approach to both runways by visual means, all of which is represented in the sim. Night approaches usually prohibited by most operators. 

Get your big boy pants on for this one guys, it's gonna be quite a ride. Release expected Easter 2019. 

Edited by Airline2Sim
  • Like 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Fantastic Project, Ben. All kudos to you.

Having holidayed in the Greek Islands extensively in the Islands you have selected, this Project is much looked forward to.

Thanks to your DashQ8-400, I can now say I have finally mastered every corner of it as per your Vimeo-bought/originated video lessons 👍  

EDIT: Video not available message being flagged

Edited by vc10man
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Amazing idea. 

Looking forward to Greece. Is the pricing going to be the same for all the airports?

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

6 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Amazing idea. 

Looking forward to Greece. Is the pricing going to be the same for all the airports?

Thanks! Not sure about pricing yet, depends how much it costs us to make it. The price of the airports will float up and down by a few bucks depending on the size. This will be around the same price as AMS as it contains three airports in the same package will have a lot more sim footage. 

• Like 1

Any update on a release for this one?  Really looking forward to it...was the treat I had hoped for this easter weekend but I guess chocolate will have to do!

Galen

Haha not quite. The recording is all done but there’s a lot of editing to do yet. We need it done though as we are filming the Airbus Program in May 😅

• Like 1

A few screenies of Greek Islands - WIP. Not much to say apart from word not allowed there's a lot of info in here and we've only done Skiathos so far! Think you're gonna enjoy this - another binge watch incoming....

59694603_3125743664109836_56031362089064

59398876_3125743684109834_27142001588908

59532553_3125744034109799_44958210851151

59295316_3125744237443112_83970962598312

Great job and nice info! I'm unable to download episode 1. I've got always episode 4 -samos
Regards

• Like 1

I just bought this and downloaded the four episodes.

But the link for Episode 1 is the same as Episode 4, both download the file "004 Samos Final".

So how do I get Episode 1?

Regards.

Tony Hanratty

9 minutes ago, Dufflepod said:

I just bought this and downloaded the four episodes.

But the link for Episode 1 is the same as Episode 4, both download the file "004 Samos Final".

So how do I get Episode 1?

Regards.

Easy Answer: we need to wait paitently until Ben fixed it.

I was just about to ask the same question 😀 It looks like the link is missing.

Steve Ramsay, UK

1. Problem solved.

2. I'm reading somewhere in the video he is working on the GSX files

Regards