Sign in to follow this  
Clutch Cargo

Any floatplanes available for P3Dv4?

Fire and rain are simulated + some other extras, you'll love it! 🙂

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

WoW, I had no idea there were so many floatplanes available for P3Dv4.   Feeling purty silly as I have the latest version of the Kodiak and didn't know it had a float model.  Ok, back to testing,

Clutch
simwest

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

:--))

I love amphibians and have them all. IMO there is not enough float models for P3D V4.
I am so happy I have discovered this Cessna!
This is a serious and challenging aircraft for 20$, so if you like bush flying with pauses on lakes, don't hesitate, it is by far the best of all.

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

7 hours ago, David Roch said:

I warmly recommend the (quite unknown) AEROPROYECTO Cessna 172N Floatplane for P3Dv4.
Flight dynamic is excellent, exterior and interior are well modeled and it moves like a real floatplane on water unlike the Carenado's.
Lot of work and love involved in producing this aircraft which is a joy to fly.

David,

Thank you for this recommendation! I spent the afternoon with this little gem flying around Glacier Bay and the Hoonah area today. What a sweet little aircraft.

This has got to be the best 20 bucks I have spent in this hobby in years. Thank you!

I have been looking for this aircraft for quite some time. I see a whole heap of hours in this little guy.

You're correct sir, a lot of work and love, and it shows.

Cheers,

Bob

My pleasure Bob, happy to share this nice finding!

Best regards,
David Roch

The Milton's freeware Mallard and Turbo Mallard (both native Fsx version), are really great.

Gérard

+1 for the Milviz DHC-2 Beaver.  I also discovered a freeware Ant's Airplanes Eaglet Float version at https://www.antsairplanes.com/freeanddemos.html and it is surprisingly fun to fly. The Beaver is amphib, the free Eaglet is straight floats.

Now I'm immersed in Alaska bush flying with scenery from Return To Misty Moorings installed on top of ORBX Alaska regions and Tongass Fjords X. It really brings it to life. All the RTMM stuff is free.

| i5 7400@3GHz | 8GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | 1TB HDD | Saitek X52 Pro |

All 'David Roch' mentioned about the C172N floatplane from AEROPROYECTO in this thread I can fully agree! The aircraft model is super fine and a real joy to fly. The one thing I want to mention in particular is: This floatplane can really very, very realistic be moved in water towards and off the docks as well as come onto the so called 'step' on the takeoff run as well as the settlement on it's roll out. Congrats Aeroproyecto! Well done, All different C172N series.

I have a huge amount of different Cessna's (most of the payware for P3D4), but this one is by far the best (and - believe it or not - also extremely cheap).
It works also very well in P3D4 (even v4.5 hotfix 2).  

Joe

Yes, fantastic aircraft indeed 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

On 3/7/2019 at 11:45 AM, Bert Pieke said:

Lionheart Kodiak

Absolutely!   When I want to run water operations, I also want to be able to switch between water and land,  either from a departure standpoint, or arrival to destination.  An amphib gives you that option.  Beaver's are OK, but it's only water to water, unless you also run winter/ski operations.

5 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Absolutely!   When I want to run water operations, I also want to be able to switch between water and land,  either from a departure standpoint, or arrival to destination.  An amphib gives you that option.  Beaver's are OK, but it's only water to water, unless you also run winter/ski operations.

I like the Kodiak, a lot!

But guess what.. the Milviz Beaver is an amphibean... you have to pay extra to get the Straight Floats version :happy:

Bert

The A2A Piper Cub - which has been updated to P3D V4 recently - has a fabulous floatplane option with its own realistic water physics.

If you want to fly really low and slow.

Edited by RALF9636