Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Want exact current time and season +

Having difficulty with current time save in P3d.   What I want is this:  When I open a saved scenario in P3d, I want it to be the exact time and season in my default situation.  Additionally, I would like the time to be exact if I open a scenario in, let's say, London, England....or anywhere else in the world.  In other words, I want the time and season to be exact all over the world when I choose to go there.

What settings in P3d do I need to have checked for this to occur?

Stan

Paul is right. You need TimeZoneFixer for the correct zones. Then start  your flight anywhere in the world, start  fsrealtime and hit "Start autoupdate" - that's it. 

Kurt

One does not need FSRealtime to set up the sim in a way that the default scenario loads up with the current time.

Here is what you need to do:

Go into the options tab and pick general. There is a checkbox called "Use system time for Default Scenario". Check that box.

Then create a scenario with the airport where you usually want to start from. Also tick the UTC checkbox in the scenario screen and click the reset to system time. Double check that the time and date are correct. Then save the scenario as default. This way you will always have the current date and time whenever you load P3D.

3 hours ago, Farlis said:

One does not need FSRealtime to set up the sim in a way that the default scenario loads up with the current time.

Here is what you need to do:

Go into the options tab and pick general. There is a checkbox called "Use system time for Default Scenario". Check that box.

Then create a scenario with the airport where you usually want to start from. Also tick the UTC checkbox in the scenario screen and click the reset to system time. Double check that the time and date are correct. Then save the scenario as default. This way you will always have the current date and time whenever you load P3D.

I tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.  When I check UTC, my real time of 9:50am goes to 14:50.  Although that may be right, it doesn't follow correctly when I go to another part of the world.  Maybe I'm missing something here.

Stan

1 hour ago, spilok said:

I tried that, and it doesn't seem to work.  When I check UTC, my real time of 9:50am goes to 14:50.  Although that may be right, it doesn't follow correctly when I go to another part of the world.  Maybe I'm missing something here.

I think Farlis' suggestion will work if you also set up a new default flight originating at a location in your local time zone.

Hope that helps.

Jesse

Edited by JesC
  • Upvote 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

2 hours ago, spilok said:

Stan

I'm  not 100% sure if this is what you mean, but...

There is a setting in P3D.cfg called "RestoreTimeOnMove".  If you set this to 0, it will preserve UTC when you select a new airport...BUT...only after you've loaded into the sim.  P3d's scenario selection screen has a bug that does not keep UTC straight...actually, it's been a bug in the FS line of products since FS2000!!!!!

With the default settings, for example, if you start a scenario at KJFK and it's 12:00LCL//17:00UTC, and then you move to KLAX, P3d preserves LOCAL time so that you have 12:00LCL//20:00UTC.

Change the option in the cfg to RestoreTimeOnMove=0, then when you load the same scenario I described above, you will have KJFK 12:00LCL//17:00UTC, and your move to KLAX will result in UTC being preserved so LAX time will be 09:00LCL//17:00UTC.

Edited by netshadoe

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I bought Time Zone Fixer today (on sale) for only $9.00.  After a bit of a struggle with setting it up properly, and having all the right things checked or unchecked, I emailed the company, and got a great step-by-step setup for this program.  It now works PERFECTLY, but you have to set it up properly from the start.  It's a little tricky to do it, but when it's clear as to how to exactly set it up, it works as advertised.

Thanks for the ideas on how to do this.

Stan

@spilok Hi Stan, wonder if you would mind sharing the step-by-step setup you received to save having to contact them. Cheers Anton 

Anton von Sierakowski (YBDG) Rig: ASUS Gryphon Z87 TUF Micro-ATX; i7 4770K 4.3GHz 16Gb RAM, RTX2060 6Gb, 1Tb SSD boot, 2Tb SSD MFS2020, 250Gb SSD Spare. 4Gb HDD. Saitek X55/rudders. GA and light Jet flyer.

On 3/9/2019 at 12:06 AM, spilok said:

I bought Time Zone Fixer today (on sale) for only $9.00.  After a bit of a struggle with setting it up properly, and having all the right things checked or unchecked, I emailed the company, and got a great step-by-step setup for this program.  It now works PERFECTLY, but you have to set it up properly from the start.  It's a little tricky to do it, but when it's clear as to how to exactly set it up, it works as advertised.

Thanks for the ideas on how to do this.

Stan

Why weren't those instructions included with the download?

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Before I ask for advice on this, thanks for all the information provided so far, but I'm afraid I still find all this advice a bit cryptic. 

Here is what I want to accomplish, and hope someone can help me with it.

1. I would like to go into the scenario screen, choose my vehicle and start location and click ok. (not a saved flight)

2. Once the sim starts, I would like it to be on the correct current date and correct local time for the location, wherever that may be, and without any further action needed on my part.

I own a copy of sim elite time zone fixer.  Is it possible to set up the sim exactly this way?, and if so what are the steps involved to get it to work like this every time?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Yes, of course.  KEEP IN MIND THIS IS THE EMAIL SENT TO ME AND IS SPECIFIC TO MY STARTING AIRPORT....KABE. 

My question involved getting started at my default airport and seeing if the time would change 12 hours ahead in Hanoi, Vietnam.  I chose Vietnam because the difference of time and date would be very obvious.

Here is the email response I received, and it worked perfectly:  Message from Vahid at  info@simelite.com

"Dear Stan,

OK, let me explain how you can have correct current time at any airport around the world:
Please follow these steps one by one:

1- Start your Prepar3D
2- On Scenario page click on Options button
3- On General section check "Use system time for Default Scenario" checkbox.
4- Click on OK button and return to Scenario page.
5- On Location section, Click on Change Airport button and select your home city airport (KABE) and then click on OK button and return to Scenario page.
6- Click on Save button and choose a File Name (for example Allentown) and click on Default Icon (Check it) on bottom left section of Prepar3D Image.  
7- Click on OK and return to Scenario page.
8- Exit Prepar3D
9- Run Prepar3D again and now you can see your home city airport as default and also your current time is set there. 
10- Now start your flight at your default airport (KABE) with your default time.
11- Now go to top menu Navigation -> Go to Airport
12- Select your new airport (In your example Hanoi, Vietnam) and before clicking on OK button, UnCheck "Restore Time On Move" checkbox on bottom left section (Above Reset All button)
13- Now click on OK button and your airplane will be load at Hanoi airport with correct current Hanoi local time and I think that's exactly what you want.

Please note: Above steps 1 to 8 needs to be done only once and by now when you start your Prepar3D you have to do steps 9 to 13 and everything will be fine.

Please let me know if you have any question or problem."

That's it....hope it helps.  It worked for me.  I did suggest to Vahid that they have this step-by-step procedure in the purchased download.  He agreed, and said it would be recommended to the marketing team.

Stan

Edited by spilok

6 hours ago, spilok said:

Yes, of course.  KEEP IN MIND THIS IS THE EMAIL SENT TO ME AND IS SPECIFIC TO MY STARTING AIRPORT....KABE. 

My question involved getting started at my default airport and seeing if the time would change 12 hours ahead in Hanoi, Vietnam.  I chose Vietnam because the difference of time and date would be very obvious.

Here is the email response I received, and it worked perfectly:  Message from Vahid at  info@simelite.com

"Dear Stan,

OK, let me explain how you can have correct current time at any airport around the world:
Please follow these steps one by one:

1- Start your Prepar3D
2- On Scenario page click on Options button
3- On General section check "Use system time for Default Scenario" checkbox.
4- Click on OK button and return to Scenario page.
5- On Location section, Click on Change Airport button and select your home city airport (KABE) and then click on OK button and return to Scenario page.
6- Click on Save button and choose a File Name (for example Allentown) and click on Default Icon (Check it) on bottom left section of Prepar3D Image.  
7- Click on OK and return to Scenario page.
8- Exit Prepar3D
9- Run Prepar3D again and now you can see your home city airport as default and also your current time is set there. 
10- Now start your flight at your default airport (KABE) with your default time.
11- Now go to top menu Navigation -> Go to Airport
12- Select your new airport (In your example Hanoi, Vietnam) and before clicking on OK button, UnCheck "Restore Time On Move" checkbox on bottom left section (Above Reset All button)
13- Now click on OK button and your airplane will be load at Hanoi airport with correct current Hanoi local time and I think that's exactly what you want.

Please note: Above steps 1 to 8 needs to be done only once and by now when you start your Prepar3D you have to do steps 9 to 13 and everything will be fine.

Please let me know if you have any question or problem."

That's it....hope it helps.  It worked for me.  I did suggest to Vahid that they have this step-by-step procedure in the purchased download.  He agreed, and said it would be recommended to the marketing team.

Stan

Thanks for sharing this. I'll give this a try.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

It will work.  But you must ALWAYS START THE SIM AT YOUR DEFAULT AIRPORT. You cannot go to another airport from the scenario screen.  I wish you could...but you can't.

Stan

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, spilok said:

It will work.  But you must ALWAYS START THE SIM AT YOUR DEFAULT AIRPORT. You cannot go to another airport from the scenario screen.  I wish you could...but you can't.

Stan

Just tried it, and it works fine.  Just a few more steps than I would have liked but it is what it is.  Thanks again Stan.

Jose A.