Sign in to follow this  
Jackaroo05

What features would you like to see in P3Dv5?

34 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Like I said, it is running at 99% in demanding scenarios. Airborne I get around the same FPS as you at the same workload. My settings are reasonable. I use MSI Afterburner to check on hardware and I have never found my CPU to be an issue.

Without describing what constitutes demanding and without knowing your P3D settings discussion is pointless. I don’t know of anyone’s system running v4.4 where the GPU is locked at 100% but their CPU isn’t. The other way around is usually the situation.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The fact that increasing and decreasing the resolution loads and unloads the GPU and yet you see no difference in performance shows that your cpu is the bottleneck. If your cpu was not the bottleneck and it was your GPU then you would see an increase in fps when you lowered the resolution.

I agree with your point that the esp engine still has issues when it comes to cpu usage but your cpu is holding you back.

Without settings etc and seeing what each core is doing I wouldn't even begin to attempt to diagnose why but I'd put money on it that some of the CPU dependent settings are a bit too high.

Airborne over orbx te England (not over big cities) in an a2a aircraft and almost everything maxed at 4k Is have vsync on to lock it at 60fps. My 1080ti and cpu are pretty much full on. If I lower some cpu heavy settings I can easily get triple figures. In a complex airliner over a large city I need to either accept lower fps or lower the cpu settings though.

Chris

20 hours ago, tutmeister said:

The fact that increasing and decreasing the resolution loads and unloads the GPU and yet you see no difference in performance shows that your cpu is the bottleneck. If your cpu was not the bottleneck and it was your GPU then you would see an increase in fps when you lowered the resolution.

I agree with your point that the esp engine still has issues when it comes to cpu usage but your cpu is holding you back.

Without settings etc and seeing what each core is doing I wouldn't even begin to attempt to diagnose why but I'd put money on it that some of the CPU dependent settings are a bit too high.

Airborne over orbx te England (not over big cities) in an a2a aircraft and almost everything maxed at 4k Is have vsync on to lock it at 60fps. My 1080ti and cpu are pretty much full on. If I lower some cpu heavy settings I can easily get triple figures. In a complex airliner over a large city I need to either accept lower fps or lower the cpu settings though.

Chris

Thanks for the answer. I wasn't suspecting my CPU to be in the way of it all because readings on MSI Afterburner showed lower workload, around 21% only. However, I just noticed core 1 is doing a lot of work with all others enjoying life...

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

Thanks for the answer. I wasn't suspecting my CPU to be in the way of it all because readings on MSI Afterburner showed lower workload, around 21% only. However, I just noticed core 1 is doing a lot of work with all others enjoying life...

It is probably reading the combined workload of all cores.   I'd use Task Manager perf tab instead.

The true story of cpu usage in-sim is told by the main thread (typically Core0).  To avoid stutters you want to establish settings where your main thread at less than 100% utilization, typically 70-90%.   This allows headroom for high-load situations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Do we even think that a V5 will be out in 2019? 

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | i9-9900K O/C 5.0 GHz | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR 4 - 3200MHz | Asus Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming | Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe | Kaken X62 Cpu Cooler | NZXT H510 Elite Case

What I would like to see implemented are fixing the long-standing issues that have been in FSX and now P3D. LIke...

1) Ai with some intelligence so they react to your aircraft movements. And ground-based vehicles that don't drive straight through you.

2) Stars not being visible until after sunset.

3) Ai spacing themselves out as in the real world so you don't get 3 go-arounds after one has landed.

I cannot think of any new features I would need. Third party developers will always provide superior aircraft, airports and other things but what L-M has provided is a great base for building on. 64-bit was massive and I don't think we'll ever have such a gigantic improvement again.

• Upvote 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 minute ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

4.)

You forgot 4) AI can use sloped runways. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

18 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

That would be a great feature indeed 🙂

André

35 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

In a Q&A session with LM on reddit the question about sloped runways was asked and IIRC they were all for it to be in v5 if possible.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

5. AI planes need to be more aware of how close they are to other traffic, so they stop well clear of any obvious conflicts. I see so many situations where one plane coming from a side taxiway stops so close to the other taxiway, that the two planes physically pass through each other. That just looks rubbish.

6. Solve that ridiculous "stop/start/stop/start......" nonsense when an AI plane is behind me.

7. AI planes need to move faster along sections of taxipath that are on runways. Getting departure clearance from ATC means exactly that, not a licence to read the paper for half an hour before engaging the throttle.

8. AI planes need to be aware of my plane at all angles, rather than only when I am in a direct line with them. I have lost track of the number of times when AI pilots have decided that they can't be bothered to wait for me to complete the pushback procedure. I have also noticed that stopping in the departure queue halfway through a right angled turn is another invitation for AI pilots to plough through my plane as if it isn't there.

9. I  have seen some AI planes stop two hundred yards behind me when in the departure queue at certain airports. That needs to be addressed, because it can result in AI planes further back in the queue blocking major taxiway connections.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

43 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I cannot think of any new features I would need.

Terrain! terrain!

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

I honestly don't understand the need for sloped runways. I know of two in the world. Manchester 05L/23R with a hump in the middle and Lukla in the Himalayas. Are there any other major ones with them?

25 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Terrain! terrain!

If you have a PMDG737 or equivalent doesn't it come with a Terrain option in the EFIS? Don't any 3rd party utilities come with that? Bit odd mentioning it without mentioning which aircraft you would want it with.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

After finishing a full install of P3d v4.5 HF1 and doing my normal tests, the team is getting better and better at improving loading times and there are less pauses when approaching payware airports. This alone is worth the upgrade.

All I ask for v5 is backward compatibility with my current P3d v4 addons, improve the default ATC, and continue to improve performance.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

29 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you have a PMDG737 or equivalent doesn't it come with a Terrain option in the EFIS? Don't any 3rd party utilities come with that? Bit odd mentioning it without mentioning which aircraft you would want it with.

I was referring to significant enhancements with the terrain engine of P3D

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I was referring to significant enhancements with the terrain engine of P3D

Fair enough Eric. It wasn't obvious from your somewhat brief post. :smile:

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather