Sign in to follow this  
exeodus

PBR update available for PMDG 747/8

Just downloaded it and tried it out, looks very nice.  Make sure you updated both the Client and Content to 4.4 for the update to work properly.

• Like 1

Alan

Also downloaded it this morning, Alan. But what exactly does PBR do for this and other aircraft I have heard PBR being mentioned, oft? Forgive my ignorance.

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Also downloaded it this morning, Alan. But what exactly does PBR do for this and other aircraft I have heard PBR being mentioned, oft? Forgive my ignorance.

Rick am amazed you don't know as your well read. Never mind 🙂 What it is, from 4.4> in this case with PMDG 747-8 its a process that gives reflection to all metal and paint. So the Ali/steal parts look just like metal and paint looks like it has a clear coat to makes it shine and reflect. Looking stunning.

I loaded up the -8F and the difference was night and day. The leading edges of the wings were the first thing that hit me, but the shine from the sun reflexing of the paint is great. Also unlike Tomato shade with its reflections. PBR has no performance hit. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Rick am amazed you don't know as your well read. Never mind 🙂 What it is, from 4.4> in this case with PMDG 747-8 its a process that gives reflection to all metal and paint. So the Ali/steal parts look just like metal and paint looks like it has a clear coat to makes it shine and reflect. Looking stunning.

I loaded up the -8F and the difference was night and day. The leading edges of the wings were the first thing that hit me, but the shine from the sun reflexing of the paint is great. Also unlike Tomato shade with its reflections. PBR has no performance hit. 

Thanks for that David. Downloaded it as per Ops Center this morning, then as I was running late for the office this morning, did a quick lookie at the retro BOAC livery on the 747-400 and did notice shiny reflections, but thought I must be looking at the wrong perspective of what PBR actually does.

Thanks for enlightening me, David.

• Like 1

What was the reason for doing the 747s first and not the 777s or 737.?? 

14ppkc-6.png

33 minutes ago, tooting said:

What was the reason for doing the 747s first and not the 777s or 737.?? 

I doubt it, PBR was just introduced by LM on Version 4.4

I know that for, 4.4 

Why did they do the 747 first? 

14ppkc-6.png

It's their flagship product.

The 777 will probably get the treatment eventually, the 737 not likely since they are developing version 3.

• Like 1

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

12 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

It's their flagship product.

The 777 will probably get the treatment eventually, the 737 not likely since they are developing version 3.

Cheers thanks. 

14ppkc-6.png

PMDG already announced that the 777 is getting a PBR makeover.

Have a look at the official PMDG general forums, it won’t be any time soon....

I got the treatment from Robert yesterday who said he didn’t want to put any more on the developers plate and when I expressed polite disappointment I get hammered over it...

Last update for the B777 was mid 2017...although they said they will update (with no proposed timeline I might add) there ain’t no sign of it at all and I doubt there ever will be to be honest.  Anyone seen an image or anything that would lead you to believe that was not the case?

Just my thoughts of course.

It certainly isn’t a priority as you can tell from Roberts rather rude and childish response to me or PMDG’s actions. Only the Queen seems to matter in terms of technology and additional feature updates.  

‘The NG3 is obviously underway and their operations center project seem to have any other development time available.

They do some good work but dodge the hard questions or get angry when you express genuine disappointment at lack of progress for what is supposed to be a current project.....it’s a pity.

There are some other good developers out there that may satisfy my further requirements after this episode unfortunately.

• Upvote 3

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

Sorry Barra but your wrong about the T7 last being updated mid 17,  the last update was July 18, and I read the thread you posted on their forums, RSR's first response was that their current workload is preventing anyone working on the T7 this moment in time.

I stand corrected over the last update time Steve, I thought my update log said mid 2017.  Not sure what they updated last year, was it anything substantial or just a control panel update?

If their current workload doesn’t allow them to work on the B777 despite numerous updates for the Queen, does that not trigger any alarm bells for you?  Perhaps those thinking about investing in the B777 are basing their purchase thoughts on a promised update in technology that they say they haven’t got time to do! That might be why Robert was upset with me pointing out.

By the way I hope you are right......and it does come. Just won’t be holding my breath.

Edited by barramundilure
  • Upvote 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

38 minutes ago, barramundilure said:

If their current workload doesn’t allow them to work on the B777 despite numerous updates for the Queen, does that not trigger any alarm bells for you? 

Not particularly, I understand that you can only set so many tasks at once for your devs and as the 747 is their newest product it's going to have a higher priority considering the age of the T7 (Can't remember when it was released, its got to be at least a couple of years ago.) I have to admit I will be happy to get an update whenever. PMDG in my opinion is one of the better devs when it comes to releasing updates compared to the likes of aerosoft's airbus and QW 787. Obviously everyone is going to have a different opinion on whats an acceptable wait time for updates though.

46 minutes ago, barramundilure said:

I stand corrected over the last update time Steve, I thought my update log said mid 2017.  Not sure what they updated last year, was it anything substantial or just a control panel update?

Not really substantial update, couple of CTD fixes and FMS, AFDS improvements.