Sign in to follow this  
fnav77

New GPU (GTX 1060 with i7-4790k)

Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I am contemplating upgrading my GPU from a GTX 960 to a GTX 1060 (possibly more) to improve the overall usability of P3D V4.4. At the moment, it works ok, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

I was wondering whether a GTX 1060 will improve things significantly (or just a little) and whether it will work nicely with a i7-4790k CPU?

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Visit my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/Captain Nav

Follow me live on Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/captainnav

I am sure that you will get many opinions, but my vote would be to spend more and go to a 1070 or 2070 if you want see a noticeable improvement.

If your budget allows, you could go even bigger..

Bert

It's an old post but let's go ahead...

It's all about the money but don't let them talk you Crazy about a minor GTX1060.

I am running a old Sandy Bridge 2600K overclocked since 2011 with a GTX 580 and replaced the 580 3 months ago for a 1060 6Gb because I wanted to experiment with VR and Flightsims. I kicked out the VR because I was not happy with the resolution and screen door effect BUT Aerofly, P3Dv4.x and Xplane11 runs good with the GTX1060 and now it's running Nvidia 3DVision (Stereo 3D) also very well with 30fps steadyand high settings  in P3DV4.5 so....

Edited by simba_nl