Sign in to follow this  
aaronkia

Content update problem [Resolved]

Hello,

I have uninstalled the old Content and successfully downloaded the new Content, cont1 & cont2 files in order to do the update. When trying to install the Content I get this error... https://ibb.co/4SJCX9p

I thought an error may have occurred when downloading the cont1.cab file so I have downloaded it again but this did not solve the problem. 

Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Many thanks,

Aaron

Edited by aaronkia

I just did this 20 minutes ago and all worked fine for me. I know it doesn't help but I can confirm the files on their server are good.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

6 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I just did this 20 minutes ago and all worked fine for me. I know it doesn't help but I can confirm the files on their server are good.

Thanks for the confirmation. Did you delete your old cont1 and cont2 files?  

Since the original install of version 4, I only updated the client through versions .1 .2 and .3 so I never did the content update before until this morning. Download these three files into a separate directory other than what you usual download to and try firing it up from there. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I have uninstalled the old Content and successfully downloaded the new Content, cont1 & cont2 files in order to do the update. When trying to install the Content I get this error....

Have you also downloaded the content.msi file? You need that to access the data in the .cab files.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 minute ago, Christopher Low said:

Have you also downloaded the content.msi file? You need that to access the data in the .cab files.

Yes downloaded too. Sorry I should've clarified that when I said 'new Content'.

28 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Since the original install of version 4, I only updated the client through versions .1 .2 and .3 so I never did the content update before until this morning. Download these three files into a separate directory other than what you usual download to and try firing it up from there. 

That seems to have done the trick! Thank you very much for your help 🙂