Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Imaginesim WSSS Singapore Changi...

Looking for opinions on Imaginesim's WSSS Singapore Changi airport scenery...

Thanks.

It's their best work to date imo and I've been following them since back in the day when they were Simflyers.

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

37 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Looking for opinions on Imaginesim's WSSS Singapore Changi airport scenery...

Thanks.

IIRC it's getting a big update soon.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I love it.  Getting a PBR update soon and will be positioned correctly.  It's geolocation is not quite correct.

4 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I've been following them since back in the day when they were Simflyers.

Wow, thanks for bringing back those memories. 🙂
The first payware scenery I bought was their EDDF for FS2002. They have gone a long way indeed.

As for the ImagineSim WSSS, it is really good. As always, don't expect Flightbeam quality, but it is very good and enjoyable.
You may want to pair it with Samscene Singapore CIty WOW, however I read somewhere that Imaginesim are going to add the city - I do not however know to what coverage.

Edited by Rafal
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Wow, thanks for bringing back those memories. 🙂

Back then, their quality was on the level of FB today, right after these guys split Umberto and the gang started putting in some good work. I can't believe this was so long ago, wow.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Really good airport with decent performance.

An updated version of Imaginesim WSSS has just been released.
Among other items, it includes PBR textures, geolocation correction, new building textures and new objects around the airport.
It can be updated free of charge via the Imaginesim Operations Center.

I like when good things become even better. 😉

Anyone had problems with this PBR release? All I am getting is a green field of jetways and a few ground markings!

I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled WSSS, emptied my shader cache and restarted the PC. I have also set all of the Options>Graphics as suggested by ImagineSim.

Any ideas for further remedies?

Edited by Richard McDonald Woods

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing CTDs with PMDGs T7 during approach (20C/02C). First the sound stops then CTD. This was after the update, which installed correctly as I've verified when I loaded a new flight  with P3Ds default plane at WSSS.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I was waiting for ImagineSim to place the airport in the right position before buying and now there are CTD issues? Why don't they want my money?

• Like 1

I've flown in and out since yesterday with no issues at all. Airport looks simply amazing.

I was able to avoid CTDs (disabled ships) and reduced setting a bit. But I am absolutely not yet convinced from their PBR rendition. During rain I get some additional rendering but it does not look like wet runway/apron at all.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I was having problems with the installation of WSSS PBR release. The airport was just a green field with distant trees and many jetways standing alone.

My immediate suspect had been my TOGA installation of EnvDir, EnvTex after Robert Randazzo's warning about software that interferes with a PMDG installation.

After much testing the solution was to delete from the Scenery Library the remaining entry of WSSS Singapore P3Dv4 in my D:/Program Files/Imaginde Simulations/WSSS Singapore P3Dv4. That left only the 4 entries WSSS Singapore V2.1, WSSS Singapore V2.1 Earth Data, WSSS Singapore V2.1 Scenery 0903 and WSSS Singapore V2.1 City Centre.

Now my WSSS PBR installation appears to be working correctly.

HTH

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx