Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

Orbx true earth great britain south bad fps

hello i am getting really bad fps with orbx true earth great britain also i have aerosoft heathrow installed and now it doesnt show up now i also have have ftx global base, vector and open lc europe is there something i need to do to get it to work properly

Alexander Shepherd

I suggest you use the ORBX support forum for these kinds of requests.

You need to make sure that Aerosoft Heathrow is above ORBx TrueEarth GB South in the Scenery Library. As for poor performance....welcome to the club :smile: My (hopefully temporary) solution is to remove all of the "3DM" files in the FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY/Scenery folder (move them to a separate backup folder). This will remove all of the custom 3D apartment/warehouse/office buildings, but leave you with all the autogen buildings and trees, the bespoke POI 3D landmark models, and the beatifully colour corrected photoscenery. Frankly, it still looks fantastic in this mode, and light years ahead of any other scenery solution. With a bit of luck, the upcoming service pack (and control panel) will enable the vast majority of users to achieve a good compromise without having to remove most of those "3DM" files.

EDIT: For the record, I only have a 2GB graphics card (GeForce GTX 770), so I will never be able to run it at maximum detail levels, even with optimisations. Nevertheless, I am hoping that I will be able to use at least some of those "3DM" buildings.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

thanks for your help yeh at london it goes down to 6fps not very flyable lol i can't find true earth gb south in the library

Alexander Shepherd

It should be split into four separate entries for Scenery/CVX/Mesh/Custom.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

58 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

You need to make sure that Aerosoft Heathrow is above ORBx TrueEarth GB South in the Scenery Library. As for poor performance....welcome to the club :smile: My (hopefully temporary) solution is to remove all of the "3DM" files in the FTX_EU_!GBS_05_SCENERY/Scenery folder (move them to a separate backup folder). This will remove all of the custom 3D apartment/warehouse/office buildings, but leave you with all the autogen buildings and trees, the bespoke POI 3D landmark models, and the beatifully colour corrected photoscenery. Frankly, it still looks fantastic in this mode, and light years ahead of any other scenery solution. With a bit of luck, the upcoming service pack (and control panel) will enable the vast majority of users to achieve a good compromise without having to remove most of those "3DM" files.

EDIT: For the record, I only have a 2GB graphics card (GeForce GTX 770), so I will never be able to run it at maximum detail levels, even with optimisations. Nevertheless, I am hoping that I will be able to use at least some of those "3DM" buildings.

Do you have FTX England - If so with the 3DM buildings disabled do you get around the same perf?

i have ftx england but i uninstalled it as i didnt like it do i need to install it again.

Alexander Shepherd

I do not have FTX England. I am not a fan of landclass scenery, and only purchased FTX Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland because I did not have photoscenery of Ireland at the time (now rectified).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png