Sign in to follow this  
ncngrr

Progressive Taxi

After landing, changing to ground frequency, receive ground instructions, and parking, I shut down my plane to cold/dark.  I save, then end, the scenario, and call it a day.

The next time I start P3Dv4.4, I get back in my plane, and the only ATC option I get is "Turn on Progressive Taxi".  I don't want to turn on Progressive Taxi.  I want to request taxi clearance to the runway and take off.  I do I get other ATC options?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, ncngrr said:

I save... the scenario

...and the scenario remembers the state of your flight, that is how it is.

ATC options should change when you load your new flight plan.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver, I read your reply.  Once I park, save, come back, the only option remains "Turn on Progressive Taxi", even if I file a new flight plan.  I'm not sitting in front of my sim at the moment, but I typically tell the sim not to move my plane to the starting airport since I'm already there and parked in my "personal" parking space.  I'll check to see if that makes any difference this evening, and report back.  Thanks again.

I've often had this. This problem seems to occur if you don't taxi quite to the point that ATC assigned you to take to. In that case it won't allow you to do anything until you got to where it wanted you to go. It's a little daft to have such a strict system in place, but it is what it is... Filing a new flight plan without having P3D move you to the selected starting position will not work. The only thing to do is either start your plane and taxi to where ATC wants you to be, or slew to the exact location, or simply have P3D move your aircraft to the exact parking location.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

4 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

I've often had this. This problem seems to occur if you don't taxi quite to the point that ATC assigned you to take to. In that case it won't allow you to do anything until you got to where it wanted you to go. It's a little daft to have such a strict system in place, but it is what it is... Filing a new flight plan without having P3D move you to the selected starting position will not work. The only thing to do is either start your plane and taxi to where ATC wants you to be, or slew to the exact location, or simply have P3D move your aircraft to the exact parking location.

Hello @ll,

right, sorry, I totally forgot about that. I had to work around this very issue when I made the WAMA app, so people can park their aircraft anywhere.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:26 PM, Benjamin J said:

Thanks, Benjamin.  That helps a lot!