After downloading the latest version of PTA and applying the Water Surface Tweak these weird boxes appear on the water. Has anybody else noticed this or knows a potential fix?

Here is a picture:

https://imgur.com/6CZBeRt

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Yep, I'm seeing that too (using Adams adam_pta263_01).

If I apply his preset with the water surface tuning unchecked the water looks great; no weird boxes - so uncheck it until Adam comes out with pta264_01? 😉

Edited by rgerdes

I don't think its the preset since I'm using my own, seems to be an issue with PTA then.

Weird. 

Is anyone else seeing this issue? I personally am not - all we're doing is modifying some values. 

Yes it's weird. I see it too! I even reinstalled P3D v4.4 client to reset everything. But the water surface tiles are still there. I also used your "MattDavies_Dec18.ini" file with the same results. I haven't checked if only coastlines though.

Ok - thanks.

I'll see if I can reproduce. It's probably something stupid.

When I turn water surface tweak off in PTA 2.64 the tiles are gone, and all is well. Just to inform. 😊

I am not a home so cannot test it.

Could you guys try with a different water texture set. Myself I am using EnvTex water textures.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

I am not a home so cannot test it.

Could you guys try with a different water texture set. Myself I am using EnvTex water textures.

I have REX Texture Direct if that helps. 

Posted (edited)

Even at 0.10h I just took a look and with my config no issues with the water. Now off to bed...

Water.jpg

Edited by GSalden

I haven't had a chance to test yet - but could this depend on the *scenery* - and what coastline blend tiles are in use <?>.

53 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I haven't had a chance to test yet - but could this depend on the *scenery* - and what coastline blend tiles are in use <?>.

Hi Adam,

First off, I'm using your PTA preset 263_01. Scenery involved is Orbx Global and OpenLC NA. No Orbx vector. No addon airports.

Problem occurs along the shorelines of the Great Lakes (Michigan, Huron, etc) and the coastline of Florida. Those are the only two places I've checked though no doubt it's happening elsewhere too. Is NOT happening on small inland lakes like Geneva Lake in SW Wisconsin. Happening off the coast of Denmark and Sweden, too.

Problem goes away when I disable the Water Tuning tweak in PTA v2.64 PTA is not throwing any errors or cautions when I apply the preset.

Posted (edited)

I have them too.  AviationLads Spring Season preset.  Additionally, REX Texture Direct, and ORBX scenery.

O94iuAb.jpg

Edited by medx421

Posted (edited)

I have this issue as well after updating PTA and activating the shader water feature. Un-checking gets rid of boxes. Using Orbx world add ons and REX water tex. I'm having a bad sim day and think it's time to call it the night.

Edited by KERNEL32

Posted (edited)

Modified : this afternoon my All Months March preset will be uploaded with manually modified WST. No squares near the coastlines.

Edited by GSalden

Hi Gerard. I tried your March preset and (like mine) I get the dreaded squares if "Water Surface tuning" is enabled.

I vaguely remember something similar happening in the distant past .... anyone else remember this?

Posted (edited)

Hi Adam,

Here I don’t see any squares ,

Tested at the Dutch coastline and the Southern UK coastline. Can you check the Dutch coastline ?

As I only have Europe and Northerm Africa enabled, anyone has some coordinates in Europe for me to check ?

Question : do you guys use Orbx scenery ? It might have to do with the terrain.cfg file..

Edited by GSalden

22 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Here I don’t see any squares ,

Tested at the Dutch coastline and the Southern UK coastline. Can you check the Dutch coastline ?

As I only have Europe and Northern Africa enabled, anyone has some coordinates in Europe for me to check ?

Question : do you guys use Orbx scenery ? It might have to do with the terrain.cfg file..

Did you test it with the Water Surface tuning tweak enabled? Your preset has it disabled by default.

My tests were around ORBX NZNI. Also, I have ORBX global installed/active, so it's not too easy for me to disable the whole lot. I test for ORBX, so I don't really want to screw up my system (ORBX-wise, that is).

However - anyone that visits my site will see that I also play with Tomato-Shade - and I don't get these squares using that (even with the WS tweak enabled) ... so it does appear to be a PTA 2.64 bug, IMHO. Hopefully not a difficult one to trap.

33 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Did you test it with the Water Surface tuning tweak enabled? Your preset has it disabled by default.

My tests were around ORBX NZNI. Also, I have ORBX global installed/active, so it's not too easy for me to disable the whole lot. I test for ORBX, so I don't really want to screw up my system (ORBX-wise, that is).

However - anyone that visits my site will see that I also play with Tomato-Shade - and I don't get these squares using that (even with the WS tweak enabled) ... so it does appear to be a PTA 2.64 bug, IMHO. Hopefully not a difficult one to trap.

You are right Adam. I had the WST manually enabled icw March.

My bad.

With just PTA + WST I also see the squares.

I will upload my March preset this afternoon with a manually modified WST.

I see the squares as well.

Figured it had something to do with the water shaders.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GSalden said:

You are right Adam. I had the WST manually enabled icw March.

Looks like we're on the same page at least 😉

Over to you, Matt!!

Edited by Adamski_NZ