Sign in to follow this  
Neonx95

Water Surface Issue

Prepar 4.4, ORBX textures, REX water textures, winter season (using real world time/date)

Update :

Matt knows what is causing the squares and he also has the solution.

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

19 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Update :

Technically you gave me the fix 😛

I'll implement it ASAP and get an update out. I now at least know why you guys get the squares and I don't 🙂

I'll try and sort it out now, if I run out of time it'll be tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Is it there yet? I just opened PTA and it detected a supposedly new version, although the numbering is the very same.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

28 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Is it there yet? I just opened PTA and it detected a supposedly new version, although the numbering is the very same.

Looks like Matt hasn't [quite] uploaded the new version to Simtweaks yet. I just re-downloaded it and the archive contains the same old 2.64 (dated 10/03/2019 1:37am).

Best wait until Matt announces it, I think.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Matt will announce when the new version has been uploaded.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Maybe the update check routine needs a fix too, because every once in a while it says that there's a new version.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

1 minute ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Maybe the update check routine needs a fix too, because every once in a while it says that there's a new version.

I agree

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, GSalden said:

Update :

Put that man on the payroll! hahaha

Thanks to Gerard for pitching in, from the community at large.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Good shout - will add it to my to-do list!

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Just come here having had a day of sim issues and support forums with now finding this particular problem.  

I have to say the way the community and devs have worked together here in this thread is bl**dy fantastic!!!!  Love it! 😀

PTA is a great tool and good to see how quickly things get done!

Warbird and GA pilot on P3Dv5 & MSFS

Dreamsofwings YouTube channel

Just got back, unchecked the option and reverted to manual changes in the concerning .FX file. Everything working very nicely, will keep like this until further notice.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Just to Report, might be that it was me doing something wrong: I updated the content of P3D to v4.4 to be able to use PBR in near future. Then I switched to v2.64 of PTA and installed the preset of AdamNZ. With "water surface tuning" active. This results in patchy loading of the tuned water surface, really Looks ugly. As soon as I unselect "water surface tuning" in the PTA setup, water is back to normal and looks ok. Means: I am not sure if the fix is really working.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Just to Report, might be that it was me doing something wrong: I updated the content of P3D to v4.4 to be able to use PBR in near future. Then I switched to v2.64 of PTA and installed the preset of AdamNZ. With "water surface tuning" active. This results in patchy loading of the tuned water surface, really Looks ugly. As soon as I unselect "water surface tuning" in the PTA setup, water is back to normal and looks ok. Means: I am not sure if the fix is really working.

We're all getting these patches, Matt was going to release a patch for the patches last Friday last I read here but must have run into trouble. You're not doing anything wrong..

• Like 1

^ what he said!

I was hoping for an updated version this weekend, but I'm happy to wait.

I'd also love to hear whether PTA is likely to get totally re-coded at any time soon ... or whether there's some long-term "no promises" schedule for that.

IMHO the lighting in P3D leaves a lot to be desired - and is unlikely to be much improved with any kind of urgency, as "eye candy" has always been low priority for LM.

So ... PTA fills a real gap - for me at least.

Adam.

• Like 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.