Sign in to follow this  
Neonx95

Water Surface Issue

Ok, good to know. I can easily live without the option "water surface tuning".

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If you guys want to use your preferred V4.4 preset, just dl my March preset and use the GPUTerrain.fx file for the water only.

It uses my preset Water Surface Tuning settings but imho it is better than the default water...

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

^ what he said!

I was hoping for an updated version this weekend, but I'm happy to wait.

I'd also love to hear whether PTA is likely to get totally re-coded at any time soon ... or whether there's some long-term "no promises" schedule for that.

IMHO the lighting in P3D leaves a lot to be desired - and is unlikely to be much improved with any kind of urgency, as "eye candy" has always been low priority for LM.

So ... PTA fills a real gap - for me at least.

Adam.

The long term plan is to integrate PTA into something we're developing currently in the background (It's called Simstall. If you follow me personally you'll know about it).

Yes, there is going to be a rewrite and lots of additions made to the already existing tweak base. There's no point in saying when because we have an insane list to get through right now but it will come. 

I tend to keep my mouth shut these days as, well, you can see what happens when I try and justify what we're up to 🙂

Apologies for the delay in fixing the error that Gerard found the solution to. I'm trying to find a spare few hours to sort it but the beginning of the week is always madness. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Hi all.

I've been away from my flight Sim for a while and sadly, I too have the squares, so I am glad to read things are in hand to solve it. The Solent looks to me like square cloud reflections from a real early version of FS 😀 So I just had to fly across the new forest to check the trees were not matchstick trees... lol....

Look forward to the notification of a fix.. All the best everyone..

Anything?

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

CPU: i7 13700k 3.4ghz MB: MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb RAM:CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz OS: Windows 11 Pro (23H2) SIM VERSION: Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.10 MONITOR(S): LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

1 hour ago, Officer25 said:

Yea, what's the deal? He said it would be out the next morning at latest, and that was 2 weeks ago?

😁 You gotta laugh, I guess the tweek assistant is being tweaked... No mention of which "next morning" was being referring to. 

Standard...

Time my friends. 

4.5 is just around the corner and I figured holding out for a little is probably a better idea. 

• Like 1

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

1 hour ago, MattDavies said:

Time my friends. 

4.5 is just around the corner and I figured holding out for a little is probably a better idea. 

Exactly.  When you've lost credibility with your "friends" use the "I'm waiting for someone else to finish before I can do MY job." stall so you don't actually have to do anything. 

I'm not your friend and feel insulted being your customer.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Jeez, 26 ... you need to take a chill pill.

LM is fiddling with PBR lighting and possibly other lighting/shading functions. Every time they "upgrade" P3D, they usually break a heap of stuff as well. It makes perfect sense to me to hold off until it's released.

PTA 2.64 works fine with P3Dv4.4 so long as you turn off the Water Surface Tuning tweak - which really is no big deal (for me at least). It's perfectly usable as it stands and is still a fine utility that lifts P3D out of its gloomy porridge (and blobby) default.

Adam.

• Upvote 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Yep and after 4.5 is released we have to wait for pta 2.65 or probably have to pay it again because of so many new futures!

no I’m out! Sorry but this I have to wait for this and this and the beginning of the week is to busy is a very bad business approach. 

This is maybe ok for Freeware but PTA is Payware!

So long story short I‘m in the same boat as 26

Edited by bakerman
Typo
  • Like 1

Bruno 

In what kind of world do you live in that you make such a fuss over one little feature of the program that doesn't work properly?

It's not like it renders the thing unusable.

• Upvote 1

Some folks really must get their priorities in life sorted out.  Complaining because one tiny aspect of an app, a low cost app I may also add, isn't quite functioning correctly.  Given the rest of PTA functions fine and radically changes the look of the sim I am pleased with it and has been well worth the £15 I paid for it a couple of years ago.  Like Matt says 4.5 is due out very soon.  Anyone who isn't happy should just restore the awful default shaders and stop complaining.

Chris

• Upvote 3

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.