Sign in to follow this  
Neonx95

Water Surface Issue

So after reading the other closed treat I stand correct. But to put 4.5 in front of all this was not the best idea. 

Bruno 

1 hour ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Jeez, 26 ... you need to take a chill pill.

LM is fiddling with PBR lighting and possibly other lighting/shading functions. Every time they "upgrade" P3D, they usually break a heap of stuff as well. It makes perfect sense to me to hold off until it's released.

PTA 2.64 works fine with P3Dv4.4 so long as you turn off the Water Surface Tuning tweak - which really is no big deal (for me at least). It's perfectly usable as it stands and is still a fine utility that lifts P3D out of its gloomy porridge (and blobby) default.

Adam.

You're probably right, Adam.

But I've seen this before. It's always something coming up that puts the release date back. A new update, week's too busy, never saw him again, rewrite the whole thing, etc etc. All these stalls are going to magically disappear when P3D v4.5 comes out? He sure wasn't ready when v4.4 came out months ago; I really don't see anything changing now except the excuses.

If it's such a minor, insignificant tweak why the delay in fixing it? Kevin Firth (hope I spelled his name right) is and was correct, he just ate his words way too soon and for no good reason.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Yea, I'd much rather get 4.4 working correctly. So many things are going to break with 4.5 why not just fix what you have at hand? Considering GSalden already provided the solution, can the customers be provided with what they are asking if the solution is already known

I am not going anywhere. I've been here for almost a decade. Why would I just randomly disappear?

I am sorry if other developers have left you with trust issues but all I ask for is a little faith. You'll get the updates that are required as and when I can push them out. Again, it's another case of knowing what the issue is but also knowing the fix isn't as straight forward as I'd anticipated. I also know for a fact that 4.5 is going to screw it even further. 

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

5 hours ago, Officer25 said:

Considering GSalden already provided the solution, can the customers be provided with what they are asking if the solution is already known

I appreciate Gerard's input (and presets) but - correct me [someone] if I'm wrong - I think his fix is more of a kludge than a solution. Each time you re-run PTA after editing some other tweak, his water fix gets overwritten. Of course, it's entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong. Looks to me like core PTA code needs to be rewritten - which is Matt's point.

The water with my PTA presets looks perfectly fine without the surface tweak - and I'm happy to wait and see what happens in P3Dv4.5. Each time LM releases an update, I think "at last - we don't need these extra utilities to patch cruddy, ancient (FSX) coding" but we inevitably get this (just to refresh people's memory):

blobbies-02-1350.jpg?dl=1

... and that's just the clouds. The rest of the sim looks like death warmed up.

Adam.

Edited by Adamski_NZ

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

5 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

You're probably right, Adam.

But I've seen this before. It's always something coming up that puts the release date back. A new update, week's too busy, never saw him again, rewrite the whole thing, etc etc. All these stalls are going to magically disappear when P3D v4.5 comes out? He sure wasn't ready when v4.4 came out months ago; I really don't see anything changing now except the excuses.

If it's such a minor, insignificant tweak why the delay in fixing it? Kevin Firth (hope I spelled his name right) is and was correct, he just ate his words way too soon and for no good reason.

Maybe, maybe not.  I said my piece, evidence speaks for itself and I'm not going to go over old ground again and again..  I still do hope Matt can fix whatever needs to be fixed, both for the water tweak and whatever impact 4.5 may or may not have.  I dont do faith at all, so I'm just waiting to see what, if anything, happens :)

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

LM will modify some Shader parts  for V4.5...

Then a V4.5 has to be checked again and some tweaks values/expressions  might have to be changed again..

With each update they also try to modify the Shaders so P3D will look a litttle better...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

LM will modify some Shader parts  for V4.5...

Then a V4.5 has to be checked again and some tweaks values/expressions  might have to be changed again..

With each update they also try to modify the Shaders so P3D will look a litttle better...

That's all understandable, and get it that PTA (and many other add-ons) will need to be updated to adjust for LM's upcoming changes. But I think what some customers are upset about is the lack of communication about what is happening currently, with the (what we last heard) "minor" changes that needed to be made to make PTA complete again. I see above from the developer that there were more complications to make the water surface tweak correction than originally thought...so why not just say that... even a few days after the day that the fix was expected instead of 2 weeks after?

PTA makes the sim look so much better, because I have ENVSHADE as well, and always go back to PTA because it's a world of difference. And I've tested enough times to conclude that this one tweak does make quite a difference, but it's hard to tell which "squares" are going to be the ones that remain after the fix.

• Like 1

Is there any news when this next version of P3D v4 comes out?

Toni Hiltunen,

Scenery Designer, Freeflow Beta Team

Prepar3d v5

System specs: "Gigabyte X570 Gaming X" = "Asus Geforce RTX 2070 8Gb Turbo" = "AMD Ryzen 5800X" = "Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4-3600 C18 DC - 16GB "

16 hours ago, ToniH said:

Is there any news when this next version of P3D v4 comes out?

+1

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

+1

Keith (CanAmRyder) Sacramento, Ca USA

CPU: i7 13700k 3.4ghz MB: MSI MPG Z790 Gaming Carbon Wifi GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 FE 16gb RAM:CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 RAM 64GB DDR5 5600MHz OS: Windows 11 Pro (23H2) SIM VERSION: Prepar3D v5.4.9.28482 / v6.1.10 MONITOR(S): LG 34" Ultrawide Curved / ASUS 32" Curved

Not sure, but I wouldn't imagine it would be very long.

I should have some really good news for you regarding PTA in the not too distant future. I'm actually pretty excited. It will definitely make more than a few people eat their words 🙂

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Ooooh ... Matt .. you're such a tease! 🤣 (in my best Dick Emery impersonation - though you're probably way too young to know who I mean)!

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.