Just uploaded March from my All Months preset set which has no squares. See my Topic : Gerards All Months preset set.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

Just uploaded March from my All Months preset set which has no squares. See my Topic : Gerards All Months preset set.

Your March preset has WST turned off by default. Are you sure the issue is fixed?

I'm using RDv1.5 Preset with PTA 2.64, and have the squares off the coast of Perth, Western Australia?

Regards

Brian

I also have this issue. noticed it on the east coast of Australia. I'm using my own custom profile and also notice the blocks go away when I deselect the water surface tweaks.

Matt

Just tried again with WST off, No squares??????

Brian

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, baxterbj said:

Just tried again with WST off, No squares??????

Of course there's not going to be squares with the tweak disabled?

Edited by Officer25

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Farlis said:

Your March preset has WST turned off by default. Are you sure the issue is fixed?

As I wrote the WST in my March preset is working as I modified it manually. Therefore you need to use the included GPUTerrain.fx file.

So the preset has it off ( leave it Off ! ) but it is active in the file.

Edited by GSalden

Hi Gerard,

I thought 2.64, had resolved the issues of WST.

Is this not the case, as by the reports in this forum, those using 2.64 are still experiencing the same issues with WST on as we did in 2.63.

So I guess its a case, of disabling as I have done WST in 2.64?

Kind Regards

Brian

45 minutes ago, Officer25 said:

Of course there's not going to be squares with the tweak disabled? 

Yes rightly so, but the whole concept of the New PTA 2.64, was to eliminate this problem, when having WST on in the Preset!!!!

Thankyou

Regards Brian

16 minutes ago, baxterbj said:

Yes rightly so, but the whole concept of the New PTA 2.64, was to eliminate this problem, when having WST on in the Preset!!!!

Thankyou

Regards Brian

Incorrect.

The WST caused errors with V2.64 and did not work at all.

It is working now, but something is causing those squares to appear. Matt is working hard to find the cause and fix it.

In the meantime anyone using my All Months preset set can use the March preset which has a working WST tweak.

Thanks Gerard,

A little confusing, I thought the upgrade to 2.64 was to eliminate WST problems.

What your saying is that it has? But there are other Gremlins causing the Squares?

Cheers

Brain

Gerard,

Ive been to your ALL months presets site, am I looking in the right place?

What version are the latest?

Brian

On 3/11/2019 at 3:08 AM, GSalden said:

Incorrect.

The WST caused errors with V2.64 and did not work at all.

It is working now, but something is causing those squares to appear. Matt is working hard to find the cause and fix it.

In the meantime anyone using my All Months preset set can use the March preset which has a working WST tweak.

Except for FSX alike reflections. It's still broken.

BTW I'm also getting squares and color lines, very annoying.

On 3/9/2019 at 7:01 PM, MattDavies said:

Weird. 

Is anyone else seeing this issue? I personally am not - all we're doing is modifying some values. 

I've just logged into the forum to check this very issue as I too noticed it last night.  I'm currently rebuilding my sim after formatting my system.  Applied one of the PTA presets from Skyforce3D and noticed these boxes, think I also got it on an RD preset though cant be sure as doing a lot to set the sim up.  Restoring shaders removed the boxes and so did reapplying the presets but with one of the water tweaks disabled, not at home at the moment but think it was water reflection?

Chris 

There has to be a common ground for everyone having the square issue because as hard as I've tried, I can't reproduce. I've tried several combinations of different texture software/shader presets and it all looks perfect to me.

This is more frustrating than the initial water issue because at least I could reproduce that!

Matt - are you 100% sure you're running it with the Water Surface Tuning tweak enabled?

Are none of your devs seeing this issue?

2 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

Matt - are you 100% sure you're running it with the Water Surface Tuning tweak enabled?

Are none of your devs seeing this issue?

I was running it too with the WST disabled at first....

The moment I enabled it the squares appeared. 

4 hours ago, MattDavies said:

There has to be a common ground for everyone having the square issue because as hard as I've tried, I can't reproduce. I've tried several combinations of different texture software/shader presets and it all looks perfect to me.

If it helps, I am running 4.4 with ORBX NA, vector and REX textures.  Squares appeared in the ocean near Fly Tampa's KBOS and Aerosoft Boston. 

When I disable Water Surface Tuning tweak Squares go away. Just adding to the list to hopefully help point to a common thing.

Prepar 4.4, ORBX textures, REX water textures, winter season (using real world time/date)

Update :

Matt knows what is causing the squares and he also has the solution.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Update :

Matt knows what is causing the squares and he also has the solution.

Technically you gave me the fix 😛

I'll implement it ASAP and get an update out. I now at least know why you guys get the squares and I don't 🙂

I'll try and sort it out now, if I run out of time it'll be tomorrow morning.

• Upvote 1

Is it there yet? I just opened PTA and it detected a supposedly new version, although the numbering is the very same.

28 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Is it there yet? I just opened PTA and it detected a supposedly new version, although the numbering is the very same.

Looks like Matt hasn't [quite] uploaded the new version to Simtweaks yet. I just re-downloaded it and the archive contains the same old 2.64 (dated 10/03/2019 1:37am).

Best wait until Matt announces it, I think.

Adam.