Matt will announce when the new version has been uploaded.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Maybe the update check routine needs a fix too, because every once in a while it says that there's a new version.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Maybe the update check routine needs a fix too, because every once in a while it says that there's a new version.

I agree

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:48 AM, GSalden said:

Update :

Matt knows what is causing the squares and he also has the solution.

Put that man on the payroll! hahaha

Thanks to Gerard for pitching in, from the community at large.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Good shout - will add it to my to-do list!

Just come here having had a day of sim issues and support forums with now finding this particular problem.  

I have to say the way the community and devs have worked together here in this thread is bl**dy fantastic!!!!  Love it! 😀

PTA is a great tool and good to see how quickly things get done!

Just got back, unchecked the option and reverted to manual changes in the concerning .FX file. Everything working very nicely, will keep like this until further notice.

Just to Report, might be that it was me doing something wrong: I updated the content of P3D to v4.4 to be able to use PBR in near future. Then I switched to v2.64 of PTA and installed the preset of AdamNZ. With "water surface tuning" active. This results in patchy loading of the tuned water surface, really Looks ugly. As soon as I unselect "water surface tuning" in the PTA setup, water is back to normal and looks ok. Means: I am not sure if the fix is really working.

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Just to Report, might be that it was me doing something wrong: I updated the content of P3D to v4.4 to be able to use PBR in near future. Then I switched to v2.64 of PTA and installed the preset of AdamNZ. With "water surface tuning" active. This results in patchy loading of the tuned water surface, really Looks ugly. As soon as I unselect "water surface tuning" in the PTA setup, water is back to normal and looks ok. Means: I am not sure if the fix is really working.

We're all getting these patches, Matt was going to release a patch for the patches last Friday last I read here but must have run into trouble. You're not doing anything wrong..

• Like 1

^ what he said!

I was hoping for an updated version this weekend, but I'm happy to wait.

I'd also love to hear whether PTA is likely to get totally re-coded at any time soon ... or whether there's some long-term "no promises" schedule for that.

IMHO the lighting in P3D leaves a lot to be desired - and is unlikely to be much improved with any kind of urgency, as "eye candy" has always been low priority for LM.

So ... PTA fills a real gap - for me at least.

Adam.

• Like 2

Ok, good to know. I can easily live without the option "water surface tuning".

If you guys want to use your preferred V4.4 preset, just dl my March preset and use the GPUTerrain.fx file for the water only.

It uses my preset Water Surface Tuning settings but imho it is better than the default water...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

^ what he said!

I was hoping for an updated version this weekend, but I'm happy to wait.

I'd also love to hear whether PTA is likely to get totally re-coded at any time soon ... or whether there's some long-term "no promises" schedule for that.

IMHO the lighting in P3D leaves a lot to be desired - and is unlikely to be much improved with any kind of urgency, as "eye candy" has always been low priority for LM.

So ... PTA fills a real gap - for me at least.

Adam.

The long term plan is to integrate PTA into something we're developing currently in the background (It's called Simstall. If you follow me personally you'll know about it).

Yes, there is going to be a rewrite and lots of additions made to the already existing tweak base. There's no point in saying when because we have an insane list to get through right now but it will come. 

I tend to keep my mouth shut these days as, well, you can see what happens when I try and justify what we're up to 🙂

Apologies for the delay in fixing the error that Gerard found the solution to. I'm trying to find a spare few hours to sort it but the beginning of the week is always madness. 

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hi all.

I've been away from my flight Sim for a while and sadly, I too have the squares, so I am glad to read things are in hand to solve it. The Solent looks to me like square cloud reflections from a real early version of FS 😀 So I just had to fly across the new forest to check the trees were not matchstick trees... lol....

Look forward to the notification of a fix.. All the best everyone..

Yea, what's the deal? He said it would be out the next morning at latest, and that was 2 weeks ago?

1 hour ago, Officer25 said:

Yea, what's the deal? He said it would be out the next morning at latest, and that was 2 weeks ago?

😁 You gotta laugh, I guess the tweek assistant is being tweaked... No mention of which "next morning" was being referring to. 

Standard...

Time my friends. 

4.5 is just around the corner and I figured holding out for a little is probably a better idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattDavies said:

Time my friends. 

4.5 is just around the corner and I figured holding out for a little is probably a better idea. 

Exactly.  When you've lost credibility with your "friends" use the "I'm waiting for someone else to finish before I can do MY job." stall so you don't actually have to do anything. 

I'm not your friend and feel insulted being your customer.

• Like 1

Jeez, 26 ... you need to take a chill pill.

LM is fiddling with PBR lighting and possibly other lighting/shading functions. Every time they "upgrade" P3D, they usually break a heap of stuff as well. It makes perfect sense to me to hold off until it's released.

PTA 2.64 works fine with P3Dv4.4 so long as you turn off the Water Surface Tuning tweak - which really is no big deal (for me at least). It's perfectly usable as it stands and is still a fine utility that lifts P3D out of its gloomy porridge (and blobby) default.

Adam.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Yep and after 4.5 is released we have to wait for pta 2.65 or probably have to pay it again because of so many new futures!

no I’m out! Sorry but this I have to wait for this and this and the beginning of the week is to busy is a very bad business approach. 

This is maybe ok for Freeware but PTA is Payware!

So long story short I‘m in the same boat as 26

Edited by bakerman
Typo
  • Like 1

In what kind of world do you live in that you make such a fuss over one little feature of the program that doesn't work properly?

It's not like it renders the thing unusable.

• Upvote 1

Some folks really must get their priorities in life sorted out.  Complaining because one tiny aspect of an app, a low cost app I may also add, isn't quite functioning correctly.  Given the rest of PTA functions fine and radically changes the look of the sim I am pleased with it and has been well worth the £15 I paid for it a couple of years ago.  Like Matt says 4.5 is due out very soon.  Anyone who isn't happy should just restore the awful default shaders and stop complaining.

Chris

• Upvote 3