Sign in to follow this  
annber

South Bimini & Cat Cay release news

Good day,

As you all may know, it has been a learning and frustrating experience to get my first release out there. I was out of the country last week for over a week taking care of work in my "real" job, but nevertheless managed to finally open a Transferwise account with a European based address, which is what I needed, but could not do while the application originated in the US, believe me, we tried and tried.

I have finished the first two sets of Bahamas scenery: MYBS / MYCC & MYBC / Little Whale Cay. Aside from minor tweaking here and there from an overzealous first time developer, it is more than ready for release. Additionally, there are several islands being developed, and work on the first major Bahamas airport has started, Grand Bahama International, with the international terminal and tower building. We also have received the first pictures from Cuba, buildings along the Malecon, the airport at Isla de la Juventud, and the airport and city of Santiago de Cuba. For those worried that the project has been abandoned or closed, rest assured, and let me emphasize, that will never happen, I am proud of the work, the evolvement, and the future of it.

To fully explain the reason for the latest delay would mean that I would need to divulge details that at this point I cannot do. I will say that within the past two months I have been contacted by three sources, for which I am very honored, and offers have been made that require my attention and careful consideration. The delay with Transferwise made me realize that I need to look at what is best for the scenery and for me in terms of packaging, distribution, etc. 

This does not mean that I will not stick to my original plan, but this after all is a business, and a business decision at that, therefore due dilligence is needed. Having said that, it needs to come to a head very soon, specially for those simmers who pre-ordered quite some time ago, and for which the deep discount offer I made for them on the second scenery set is no longer enough in my opinion.

I have hired a web developer for our new website, while I appreciated Wix, it is time a professionaly looking site is in place for the future of PhotoSim Labs. Hopefully the new site will be up within a week.

Should any of you have any questions for me, please PM me at the Facebook page, here at Avsim, or email me.

In the meantime, I have some pictures to share. Please take care, stay healthy.

Bernardo

PhotoSim Labs

Bernardo Bersik

PhotoSim Labs

Bernardo, 

I hope the hard, first-time lessons are coming to a close soon. Thanks for not abandoning the projects despite the frustration. I am eagerly awaiting your releases and hope for smooth sailing in future.

🙂

For clarity, PhotoSim will create all active airfields within the Bahamas for P3D/FSX?  If so, since our islands are rather small, will you consider rendering the entire islands, not just the airfields?

Thanks for your work on this project.

(afternoon)

Is this product available?

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

I keep looking here hoping for an update.  I'm sure they are working very hard to get this released.  So looking forward to it!

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

Hi Folks,

Yeah - been looking forward to this as well - for years - Bernardo hasn't been here in more than a month - I hope all is well with him...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Their facebook page has been dead since the 14th.... I can't imagine why it would take this long to work out a distributor, but, then again, I've never produced anything. Would love to get an update.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 11:46 AM, rightseat said:

Their facebook page has been dead since the 14th.... I can't imagine why it would take this long to work out a distributor, but, then again, I've never produced anything. Would love to get an update.

Hi Scott,

Yeah - like many - followed along with Bernardo's efforts - both here and on FSDeveloper - and that doesn't sound very promising... Disappearing after years of work is already done - with an imminent release pending - is a tad unusual... I hope all is well with Bernardo...

Regards,
Scott  

There is an update on their Facebook page...an announcement this evening at 1800 PST:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/photosimlabs/posts/?ref=page_internal

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Cool! Looks like it's going to be a Friday the 16th Release Date! 

• Like 1

It's Friday!  I'm waiting on the release of this fabulous scenery package.  Anyone know the status?

Hi Folks,

Well that's promising - I have my required radio station license from the FCC - I have my 2019 CBP sticker on the plane - my EAPIS manifest has been submitted to Customs - our passports are in the old flight bag -  my ICAO flight plan on file with ATC - and I'm sitting in Signature's FBO at Fort Lauderdale Executive - - - all I need is my destination to materialize...

GA aircraft - the only mode of transportation where I need my government's "permission" to leave the country...

😁

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

Hi Folks,

Uggh - I’m leaving my comfort of my recliner at the FBO and their fresh home made cookies - gonna grab a bite to eat - maybe a steak - and head back to the hotel - seems as if the flights scrubbed for today...

☹️

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613