annber

South Bimini & Cat Cay release news

Good day to all,

I am excited to announce that South Bimini & Cat Cay (MYBS-MYCC) is now available for pre-ordering. It will be available for downloading on Thursday, March 14. This set consists of several islands spread over a huge photoreal area with a water blend covering the entire area, not just the coastlines, making for a much more realistic flying experience. There are two highly realistic airports, with hundreds of custom designed buildings and vegetation, accurately depicting Island life, where you will be able to fly around and recognize dozens of buildings as they exist in real life, like The World Resorts Bimini Hilton, Bimini Big Game Resort and Marina, Bimini Big John's, Browns Marina, Bimini Sands Resort & Marina, Bimini Port Royal area, Fisherman's Village, North Bimini seaplane base, Alice Town's Customs building, and much much more.

As part of the release, those who pre-order South Bimini & Cat Cay will be entitled to a 10% discount on the second set, Chub Cay & Little Whale cay, and the third set which will be either Great Harbour Cay & Andros Town or Staniel Cay & South Eleuthera. 

There are, at the time of this news release, 8 additional Commonwealth of The Bahamas sets being developed, each one consisting of two highly developed airports. Additionally, work has restarted on The US Virgin Islands St. Croix.

I've been waiting and watching for this scenery to drop for years it seems. Can't wait to try out my water wings!

6 hours ago, rightseat said:

I've been waiting and watching for this scenery to drop for years it seems. Can't wait to try out my water wings!

:biggrin:I was still young when I started this. Seriously though, I believe it was 2015 when I started, just for my own use, using default vegetation and buildings, and posting pictures at Flightsim and FSDeveloper. I started with the "developer" version Mid 2017, and it was a huge learning curve. Hope you enjoy it!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, annber said:

:biggrin:I was still young when I started this. Seriously though, I believe it was 2015 when I started, just for my own use, using default vegetation and buildings, and posting pictures at Flightsim and FSDeveloper. I started with the "developer" version Mid 2017, and it was a huge learning curve. Hope you enjoy it!!

It was on FSDeveloper that I first started following your project. So, I am sure I will definitely enjoy. Looking forward to the next few releases!

Any news here? I keep looking for the chance to buy/download, but I haven't seen anything since the week of the original post.

Thanks

I'm a bit confused as to exactly how to order if I were interested.  I see no links or mention of websites or vendors to place an order with>

Scott

• Upvote 1

The last facebook post they had referenced a problem getting the FSX installer to work right. I guess they ran into a problem there. 

On 4/7/2019 at 7:16 AM, rightseat said:

https://www.facebook.com/photosimlabs/

Sounds like he's in the home stretch (ironing out an installer issue), but we should see something soon. 

I'm going to grab my flip flops and some sunscreen. 🙂

It was a frustrating day until I saw your post, made my day a whole lot better. Woke up this morning to an email from the installer creator saying he still has issues with the vegetation options in FSX. 

Anyway, things should be working properly very soon. I hate to split a release in two (one for P3D another for FSX), so giving FSX a bit more time to get it done. A HD video is being created to go along.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 8:12 AM, tttocs said:

I'm a bit confused as to exactly how to order if I were interested.  I see no links or mention of websites or vendors to place an order with>

Scott

Hi Scott,

I disabled the order page once we noticed the problem with the installer, I did not think it was right to continue taking orders until the issue was fixed. I am working on revamping the whole website as I write this (well. not really as I write this), so the sale page will be included. As of vendors.... the fact that Simmarket is doing away with Paypal is a huge problem.

Thanks for the update Bernardo.  Will keep an eye on the site for further info.

Scott

Hello Bernardo

I'm also very interested in your sceneries.

Please let us know when we can get them!

Regards.

Almost there guys, finalizing account details with Simmarket.

58707870_344068139570539_537445847059660

Good day,

As you all may know, it has been a learning and frustrating experience to get my first release out there. I was out of the country last week for over a week taking care of work in my "real" job, but nevertheless managed to finally open a Transferwise account with a European based address, which is what I needed, but could not do while the application originated in the US, believe me, we tried and tried.

I have finished the first two sets of Bahamas scenery: MYBS / MYCC & MYBC / Little Whale Cay. Aside from minor tweaking here and there from an overzealous first time developer, it is more than ready for release. Additionally, there are several islands being developed, and work on the first major Bahamas airport has started, Grand Bahama International, with the international terminal and tower building. We also have received the first pictures from Cuba, buildings along the Malecon, the airport at Isla de la Juventud, and the airport and city of Santiago de Cuba. For those worried that the project has been abandoned or closed, rest assured, and let me emphasize, that will never happen, I am proud of the work, the evolvement, and the future of it.

To fully explain the reason for the latest delay would mean that I would need to divulge details that at this point I cannot do. I will say that within the past two months I have been contacted by three sources, for which I am very honored, and offers have been made that require my attention and careful consideration. The delay with Transferwise made me realize that I need to look at what is best for the scenery and for me in terms of packaging, distribution, etc. 

This does not mean that I will not stick to my original plan, but this after all is a business, and a business decision at that, therefore due dilligence is needed. Having said that, it needs to come to a head very soon, specially for those simmers who pre-ordered quite some time ago, and for which the deep discount offer I made for them on the second scenery set is no longer enough in my opinion.

I have hired a web developer for our new website, while I appreciated Wix, it is time a professionaly looking site is in place for the future of PhotoSim Labs. Hopefully the new site will be up within a week.

Should any of you have any questions for me, please PM me at the Facebook page, here at Avsim, or email me.

In the meantime, I have some pictures to share. Please take care, stay healthy.

Bernardo

PhotoSim Labs

Bernardo, 

I hope the hard, first-time lessons are coming to a close soon. Thanks for not abandoning the projects despite the frustration. I am eagerly awaiting your releases and hope for smooth sailing in future.

🙂

For clarity, PhotoSim will create all active airfields within the Bahamas for P3D/FSX?  If so, since our islands are rather small, will you consider rendering the entire islands, not just the airfields?

Thanks for your work on this project.

(afternoon)

I keep looking here hoping for an update.  I'm sure they are working very hard to get this released.  So looking forward to it!

Hi Folks,

Yeah - been looking forward to this as well - for years - Bernardo hasn't been here in more than a month - I hope all is well with him...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

Their facebook page has been dead since the 14th.... I can't imagine why it would take this long to work out a distributor, but, then again, I've never produced anything. Would love to get an update.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 11:46 AM, rightseat said:

Their facebook page has been dead since the 14th.... I can't imagine why it would take this long to work out a distributor, but, then again, I've never produced anything. Would love to get an update.

Hi Scott,

Yeah - like many - followed along with Bernardo's efforts - both here and on FSDeveloper - and that doesn't sound very promising... Disappearing after years of work is already done - with an imminent release pending - is a tad unusual... I hope all is well with Bernardo...

Regards,
Scott