Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

GTN 750/650 and GNS 430/530

I run FSX Acceleration in W7 x64.  Getting back to flying after a longish absence. 

My Real Air Beechcraft Duke has both the RXP GTN 750/650 and the GNS 530 installed.  When I load the aircraft I get a message to the effect I can't run them both.

The GNS 530 is integrated into the panel and looks neat. The GTN 750 is on the stack and a PopUp. 

How best to uninstall the GNS 530 without messing up the panel?   Thanks!

414156492.jpg

Supporter.png

John

1 hour ago, betelgeuse said:

My Real Air Beechcraft Duke has both the RXP GTN 750/650 and the GNS 530 installed.  When I load the aircraft I get a message to the effect I can't run them both.

You are licensed for (2) instances of each gauge.  So you have to work with an RXP GTN 750_1 and a GTN 750_2.  You also have (2) instances of the RXP GNS530 to work with,  a GNS530_1 and a GNS530_2.  So if you were able to set them on a desk in front of you, there would be (4) separate gauges on the desk.

In any one aircraft you may use (2) of those gauges.  One has to be a _1, the other needs then to be a _2.   You may be attempting to use for example a GTN 750_1 and a GNS530_1.  That may be your issue.  If you do a shift + right-click on the top edge of the gauges' bezels you will bring up a setup screen.  In that screen, for each gauge, you will find a setting where you select either 1 or 2.  Make sure for the two gauges that you have selected a 1, and a 2.  Not two 1's or two 2's.

Hope that helps.  You will also in the same setup screens need to choose and configure only one of the gauges as the Master.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Thanks, Frank.

I wasn't clear. In fact I misinformed you - apologies. The GTN750/650 is the F1 product. The GNS 530 is the old RealityXP product.

I get an error message that these are from different companies and cannot be run at the same time.  So, I wish to uninstall the old RealityXP gauge without messing up the panel! 

I wasn't able to find a setup screen using shift + right click on the top of the bezels.  So, I went back to the GTN configuration routine and changed the 750 from _1 to _2.  It made no difference - I still got the error message when I selected the aircraft. 

Perhaps the easiest thing would be to start all over again with the base download of the aircraft and install only the F1 product.

Edited by RXP

Supporter.png

John

I am not sure that that error message is correct.

As long as only one of the two units is the active navigation device, they should be able to coexist.

As for disabling the GNS (as a test) that should not be difficult.

Open the panel.cfg file with a text editor, like Notepad.

Search for GNS or RXP.. you should find two instances, the VC cockpit version and a popup version.

In both cases, add two slashes // in front of the gauge line.  That disables the GNS.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Just thinking about it.. why not fly the airplane with the GNS530, as intended, and get rid of the GTN 750 instead?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Just thinking about it.. why not fly the airplane with the GNS530, as intended, and get rid of the GTN 750 instead?

It's not a bad idea. But the GTN series touch screens are very user friendly, especially when the plane is bumping around.

Thanks for the suggestion, it makes good sense. 

Supporter.png

John

Hi,

There is no problem running any genuine Reality XP GTN 750/650 Touch with any other genuine Reality XP GNS 530/430 V2: just make sure to use a #1 and a #2 unit when using 2 devices on the panel.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)