Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

FlyTampa Athens.No Ai Traffic

Need a bit of help with this as i've exhausted anything i can think of.

I use Traffic Global and have quite a few payware addon airports.Only two won't show any AI traffic one of which is Flytampas Athens.

It did have traffic until i updated TrafficGlobal and now the airport is empty .what files would i have to switch OFF to enable traffic to show.I know that duplicate afcads can cause the problem,just can't find anything obvious.please don't suggest any other AI program .i'm very happy with TG except for this issue at LGAV and FSDG heraklion.

thanks for any help

steve

I use MT6 and have no issue with Ai Traffic showing in FT's LGAV. Do not have TG, so cannot add any further.

sometimes an Afcad or BGL file can stop AI from showing when there is a conflict between the two.strange that it was working before i updated to TG latest version.don't want to go back because of the fixes.just not sure where to look to see if there is a conflicting afcad or BGL file.would i delete the prepar3d 4 afcad or one in flytampas scenery folder ?? if i can find one.

steve

Have you tried the FT Forum, in case somebody there has an answer?

Just go to TG Airport Facilities Scenery folder and scroll down to LGAV bgl and turn it off or delete it, all your addons and ORBX should be above this folder in the P3Dv4 scenery, I in fact have all my addon cad files pasted into TG scenery folder.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

8 minutes ago, rjfry said:

in fact have all my addon cad files pasted into TG scenery folder.

That's pretty absurd to have to do anything like that though. Better off disabling the entire TG Airport Facilities Scenery folder and not worry about it. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

If you remove the TG Airport Facilities Scenery folder then the traffic will run on the default stock AFCADs for all the airports that are not addons, this will reduce the traffic in the sim TG will not spawn traffic it`s loaded on start up depending on the number of parking spots at the airports that have real world traffic schedules.

Raymond Fry.

Steve, the fact that everything was fine until you did a TG update suggests the problem lies with that software and not with the AFCAD.

The most obvious thing that springs to mind is they've changed the flights into and out of LGAV. Does TG have a departure / arrival board that you can use to check what flights should be happening?

The other possibility is they have changed the aircraft radius size and no aircraft can fit into the gate size. Unlikely but possible.

Finally, if TG supplies AFCADs for each airport then that is suspect. Rename it and see if that makes any difference. I know the FlyTampa AFCAD is okay because I see plenty of aircraft there with UltimateTraffic Live.

I think you need to raise a ticket with TG people and also ask if others with FlyTampa have the same problem.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

thanks eveyone.i will go to FT and TG's forums.I'll try turning of the Lgav BGL.pretty sure i did that ,i have been going round in circles though,so i'll redo it.

thanks everyone

steve

There are 123 flight plans for LGAV in TG database.

Raymond Fry.

3 hours ago, rjfry said:

There are 123 flight plans for LGAV in TG database.

yes previous build i could see the Traffic moving as it should.just this latest build it's gone..if i can find a previous build of TG i'll go back.

thanks all

steve

8 hours ago, rjfry said:

if you remove the TG Airport Facilities Scenery folder then the traffic will run on the default stock AFCADs for all the airports that are not addons

The TG Airport Facilities Scenery are really just mild updates to the stock airports files as it is. They do add more parking, but they are still often uncoded and use odd sizing. LGAV for instance, the default airport included 66 parking spots and the TG version has 80 but they really aren't very well set up. Just because there's more doesn't necessarily make it better. Add on to the fact that users usually don't know that they should disable specific TG airport files for airports that they already have scenery for to eliminate both scenery and parking conflicts (layering doesn't fix make those conflicts go away).

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

cheers dave i did manage to find a patch for LGAV parking.after a bit of messing about i do have a row of ryanair AI parked on some gates next to me.

so i'm getting there.

thanks again

steve