Sign in to follow this  
ark

Strange GTN750 Configuration Panel Problem (resolved)

For today's date, App Crash only showed the following top two entries from a number of hours ago (click to enlarge the image).

8632cb4aa6.JPG

But I had just run the Baron58 - Mooney experiment again with the same 'wrong' results, and nothing with a reasonably current time stamp showed up in App Crash. And just to be sure, I repeated the experiment and again nothing new showed up in App Crash.

Although the first entry above was hours old, I looked at the data for this heap corruption and the only entry I could find with the rxpGTN.dll was this:

LoadedModule[247]=C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim\64\rxpGTN.dll

Al

Edited by ark

There seems to be a number of errors from your P3D4 itself as-is then. I'd start by going to the Manage Add-Ons menu and disable all but the RXP add-ons and compare how it goes, after rebooting the computer.

It might be there is another gauge or a module or a scenery causing troubles. StackHash errors are typically found in this case when an add-on 'hacks' into the application and fails somehow, 1st in my list would be FSUIPC.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I tried removing the few addons I have, updated Orbx Global Base and libraries, reinstalled the P3Dv4 Client, uninstalled and reinstalled RXP GTN 750 --  nothing helped.  I can't think of anything else to try at this point.

Jean-Luc, I want to thank you very much for all the time and effort you have put into trying to fix this problem -- wonderful support! Fortunately it is one I can work around for now by restarting the sim if necessary when switching planes, or by directly editing the GTN ini file. If I ever happen to stumble on the bug in my system that is causing the problem,  I'll report back here in case someone else runs into a similar issue.

Al

Edited by ark

I thank you for your kind words but I'd like to figure this one out as well, in case it is just a bug in our gauge failing to close. It shouldn't be the case otherwise I'm sure there would be more reports similar to yours but there could be an edge case which is failing though.

Besides removing a few add-ons, have you tried using the "Manage Add-Ons" menu and unchecking all add-ons but RXP to see how this works?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

4 hours ago, RXP said:

Besides removing a few add-ons, have you tried using the "Manage Add-Ons" menu and unchecking all add-ons but RXP to see how this works?

Yes, did this, the only add-ons listed besides RXP where Accu-Feel and Orbx.

I also went into the P3D DLL.XML file and disabled the FSUIPC and Active Sky dll files, and also made the Prepar3d.cfg file rebuild. Still have the same problem.

I also use the Rex-Milviz WX radar, although not with the Baron58 or Mooney, and also use TrackIR but have not used it during these trouble shooting tests.

Al

I am not sure when this problem first started, but do you think it would be worth trying an older version of the GTN750 -- say a year old version, just to see if it makes a difference with this problem? This would tell us if recent GTN changes do or do not make a difference.

Al

Edited by ark

4 hours ago, ark said:

Yes, did this, the only add-ons listed besides RXP where Accu-Feel and Orbx. 

I also went into the P3D DLL.XML file and disabled the FSUIPC and Active Sky dll files, and also made the Prepar3d.cfg file rebuild. Still have the same problem.

Thank you for the additional details and your enduring patience!

When I mean all add-ons I really mean it, especially these like Accu-Feel, Orbx amd Active Sky which most likely 'hack' inside the FltSim process. The same with other add-ons like 'Reshade' or any other post-processing effect.

I'll PM you for the other part.

Hi Al,

Thank you for the update on this and for sharing with others. I'm sure this will help others encountering the same situation in the future.

I'm also glad to find out it is not a defect in our product but more an annoyance with the specific simulator installation.

It won't tell us what is happening in your system, and if ever there is anything we can do in our product which could help preventing this from happening at all, which is quite frustrating a little in the end, but I'm glad you've been willing to pull the extra strength to help analyze if not why it is happening, at least what is happening, so that it gives a direction to help fixing this.

I would like to better understand what was causing the problem in more detail, but the best I can come up with at this point is that loading the F-35 initializes the system variables in a way that prevents the problem. Guess that will have to do for now.

Al