Just started inexplicably today:

Assignments

X axis - Spoilers (reverse) / Y axis - Engine 1 / Z axis - Engine 2 / R axis - Engine 3 / U axis - Engine 4 / V axis - Flaps (reverse)

Calibrates fine with the control manager, but when I open up FSX and run a flight, the moment I touch any of the controls engine 1 goes to 70% and the spoilers to about 15% without me having touched either of those controls.  If I push the Y axis forward the flaps will engage the first available position, and then if I pull it all the way back engine 1 will not cut back to idle and won't go back lower than 70%.  The flaps will jump around as well without me moving the V axis.  Is there some corrupted file in there that may be causing this?  I thought maybe it was a connection issue, but the fact that everything looks normal in the CH control manager leads me to believe this is a FSX problem.  

-Brad...

Did you use FSX to assign these controls to the desired actions?  I don't think the CH management software is good for much more than just calibration of the controls.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I recommend you consider using FSUIPC instead of FSX assignments or the CH control manager.  I find that FSUIPC give much better control and allows you to set up different control sequences for different aircraft.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

So I've installed FSUIPC and done the control assignments but I'm still having the same problem.  There seems to be a dead zone that FS is reading between the full back and halfway point on the Y-axis that is also showing on FSUIPC but the CH control manager does not.  Also pushing the Y-axis forward is still causing the flaps to engage, which is assigned to something else completely.  I thought maybe the USB connection was bad, but the two different readings from the FSX/FSUIPC calibration and the CH manager calibration have me totally befuddled.  

EDIT:

Some more useful information.  All axis EXCEPT for the Y-axis shows an "In" at -16384 full back, 16838 full forward with a Delta of 256, and go negative to positive roughly midway up.  The Y-axis shows the same "In" at full back but instantly goes positive when you just push it forward to the stop.  The Delta was reading something completely different that I don't remember what the number was, but it was definitely not the same.

Edited by FSX_CRJ700
more information

How old is this controller?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Also make sure that you have disabled your controls in FSX.  Otherwise FSX and FSUIPC will both try to control the actions of the inputs.

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

Controller is probably 9 or 10 years old. Also my son dropped a dime inside it when he was about 1 1/2 that I've never been able to remove from it.

Ehhhhhhh... it might not be a software problem.

So ended up getting a new CH quadrant and it's made no difference.  Same problem with the new controller.